$5.60
      MP2 (Hero):
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $14.35
      CO:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J.
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BU calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $2.10, 2 folds, BB raises to $5.70, Hero calls $3.50.

Flop: ($11.8) 6, 2, 9 (2 players)

Turn: ($11.8) T (2 players)

River: ($11.8) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.8.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, jacks and sixs(Jh Js).
      BB shows two pairs, aces and sixs(Ad Ac).

BB wins with two pairs, aces and sixs(Ad Ac).

opponent has 47 VPIP but only 8.7 3bet. i was thinking that i could have called for set value instead of raising him. the values of my J may have dropped since the multiple calls and re-raise.

he was likely to hold on to TT+ and AK which had more than half beating my hand. chances that a A or K coming out was also high enough for me not to play JJ on the flop. am i right?
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Well fish is never intentionally squeezing and imo you're sucking against that min3bet/shove line from him - but then its annoying to have to 3bet/fold. So I think what you could do is just call and hope BU and SB call behind and just setmine where you have very low % of being set over setted but have good implieds.

At the end of the day though - stacking off against a halfstack fish with JJ is never going to be a terrible move - so I suppose you can just isolate him and go broke.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      Well fish is never intentionally squeezing and imo you're sucking against that min3bet/shove line from him - but then its annoying to have to 3bet/fold. So I think what you could do is just call and hope BU and SB call behind and just setmine where you have very low % of being set over setted but have good implieds.

At the end of the day though - stacking off against a halfstack fish with JJ is never going to be a terrible move - so I suppose you can just isolate him and go broke.
      Sounds good. You're basically trying to decide whether this guy is bad aggro enough to just randomly min3bet a hand, like the action in front got him going or something. If he is, go broke and smile. If he's not, then usually you're going to be 4bet/calling it off right into KK+, which even for only half a stack isn't such a good idea, so I'd rather flat and hope the 4-way pot works out for us.

Hope it helps.