$10.80
      CO:
      $8.55
      BU:
      $7.60
      SB (Hero):
      $11.60

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, T.
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB folds, CO calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.1) J, 6, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.7) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

River: ($2.3) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, CO raises to $2.60, Hero calls $1.30.

Final Pot: $7.5.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of tens(Td Th).
      CO shows a straight, nine high(7h 9c).

CO wins with a straight, nine high(7h 9c).

i thought the small bet sizes indicated either a weak jack kicker, or a 6 or 9 pair which i beat. so i decided to lead out myself on the river and fold to any raises. however should i fold to the min raise? what does it indicate? i thought that i could have folded because i beat nothing that min-raises me.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Looks to me like you chose the worst street to try and get value, since you basically waited until all the worse hands either caught up with you (any and all random 2 middle cards made some kind of two pairs/straight) or turned into busted flushdraws.

I'd probably just c-bet the flop for value by default, there are still plenty of worse hands that will call you and it doesn't look like we have any reason to be worried at this point that he's gonna check/raise us often.

On that turn I'd bet again, 8x/7x picked up a gutshot so they'll call, heart draws are still calling as well. Don't mind if you want to slow down at that point and check but you can't really check/call unless you know he's betting worse when checked to.

On that river after betting twice I'd check and decide depending on what villain bets, he probably sucks at valuebetting so I don't expect him to ever bet anything except 7x and busted hearts big, maybe sometimes he'll bet smallish with two pairs or something.

Hope it helps.