[NL2-NL10] NL10: KK slowplayed on the turn

• rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      SB:
      $22,38
      Hero:
      $15,05
      MP2:
      $4,97
      BU:
      $1,70
      MP3:
      $28,17
      BB:
      $4,70
      UTG+1:
      $5,27
      MP1:
      $2,96
      CO:
      $2

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:club: , K:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0,10.
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, 5 folds, SB calls $0,45, BB folds.

Flop: ($1,20) 7:spade: , 9:club: , 3:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,55, Hero raises to $1,70, SB calls $1,15.

Turn: ($4,60) K:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

slowplay ok here?

River: ($4,60) 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $4, Hero raises to $12,85 (All-In), SB folds.

Final Pot: $21,45
  • 4 replies
    • logitechzen
      logitechzen
      Bronze
      I wouldn't have checked the turn.Straight and flush draws out there.If he'll catch a flush ur beat and if he doesn't have the draw ur not getting payed off much on the river anywayz.Would have bet like 3 dollars on the turn.
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Bronze
      This guy was very loose and was bluffing a lot so I was pretty sure he got nothing at all.
    • Qastorimon
      Qastorimon
      Bronze
      I think it would be better to place bet of something like $2,50. SB is deepstacked, you have topset. There are somedraws possible, but my goal would be to double up.
      Since SB is very loose and bluffs a lot, he might perceive Hero's bet as weakness and reraise or he might just call to make a move on the river. These are both scenario's in which it should be easy to get it all in the middle, because the pot would allready be at least $9,60.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Qastorimon
      I think it would be better to place bet of something like $2,50. SB is deepstacked, you have topset. There are somedraws possible, but my goal would be to double up.
      Since SB is very loose and bluffs a lot, he might perceive Hero's bet as weakness and reraise or he might just call to make a move on the river. These are both scenario's in which it should be easy to get it all in the middle, because the pot would allready be at least $9,60.
      Nothing more to say for me. Again this is one spot which shows that slowplay often isn't the right play. You would have got more value if you would have bet.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81