This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Is it normal to "start losing"?

• ollimacgja
      ollimacgja
      Bronze
      Let me explain my question.

I´m starting to play and i have been having a series of bad beats, bad calls and am "losing" some of my starting capital.

I started playing on FL - 0.10/0.20 as recomended by the bankroll article( or some article in the begginer section)... As soon as I started to play I lost 2 dollars on some bad calls. I didn´t manage to "win back" my 2 dollars so i went playing FL - 0.02/0.04 and started to get a hand of it.

Then i tried to go to 0.05/0.10 and got a good start....got up to 4 dolars (almost breaking even) but lost some pots on a bad beat on the river(same guy)...when this happened i got back to 1,57 or smth like that...and sensed i was tilting(because of the same guy beating me with lucky draws on the river.)..so i stopped...

So..i´m wondering if this is normal at the beggining or am I just an horrible player.

Thanks.
  • 1 reply
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      No, only losing players lose.

Seriously though, poker has a luck factor. Which can make you lose or win alot in the short term. But in the longterm your either a losing, breakeven or winning player.

I'm not a FL player. But i heard it was alot more mathematical then NL. I'd just read the Bronze FL articles over and over and become a 100% familiar with them. And post hands your unsure about in the FL forum.