Loosing all-ins al the time with dominating hand

• usora
      usora
      Bronze
      I'm not that experienced player and i didn't play so many hands so i can tell how big upswings and downswings can be so can you tell me is this normal. I'm playing mostly heads up SnG lately and in last 4-5 days i had terrible downswing i'm constantly losing all-ins when i am 70 -80% favorite. For instance AK vs A2 or AQ vs QT or KK vs 77. I dont know exact number but in 50 cases where i am 70% favorite i lost 35 times. Its really frustrating lose so much with things like that. Is this normal is that happening to you guys as well??
  • 7 replies
    • delyron
      delyron
      Bronze
      welcome to hell :f_biggrin: had 2 weeks like that also playing HU sngs (super turbo = hello variance) it's frustrating but it ends someday if you don't bust ur BR :f_cool: just play your game and if you stick to BRM and play A game you'll come back from the hell hole. Altho' I know it's frustrating when you start a new session and it happens over and over again :f_confused:
    • usora
      usora
      Bronze
      I hope i wont bust my bankroll i loose a lot becouse of this and some becouse of tilt. Its really hard be focused on your game when you experience something like this. I keep playing well and there it goes one bad beat after another. Everyday when i start to play i keep thinking it can't last so long if i keep playing my game i will be on winning side again but than it starts with bad beats. Thanks for your advices. I should probably stop playing after few bad beats so it doesn't affect my game and start playing again when i'm calm.
    • PeR0X
      PeR0X
      Bronze
      About a week ago I bust out on the bubble, had AK ... opponent had AJ

It just happens lol : /
    • usora
      usora
      Bronze
      Thats what i was saying before it just happens... until it happened to me 50 of 60 times. Btw. i just lost again KK vs. A3 flop and river was 3:-)
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      it happens all the time - I've just been short stack on final table and went all in from SB with K6s to try and steal blind - BB called with 43o - looking good I thought -and then he flopped another 43 - you just gotta hang in there!!
    • delyron
      delyron
      Bronze
      one or 2 times if that happens is nothing, head pain starts when it happens all the time. Every single time when you're all in and lose with a dominating hand. Lost like 90% of these hands when had my doomswitch for 2 weeks. And that's like more then 300 times.. but it hurts only if you care too much about it :f_biggrin: the less you care the the better it goes :f_p:
    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      I have had this going on for the last three months now. Every morning, every day, every evening, every night. Did I mention every day? :P Expecting it to end today, when I make a fresh deposit. :D

Assuming you play tournaments, then the best way to avoid it, is not putting your chips in, when you do not have to. If you have healthy stack, then it is better to wait for a better spot, than to call an all in from a loose player with AKo/s, or any other similar hand. There are of course exceptions, and people bullying around, especially at the bubble. Many of them will fold to any re-raise, if calling would cost a considerable part of their stack size.

What I want to come to is, you should not play your cards, but your opponents. For this reason the idiots are so much harder to play and win against, as they have no idea what you are doing, nor what they themselves are doing. A good player, however is capable of folding, and this is what you ultimately want. You can not lose, if there is no showdown. And the kind of hands idiots call you with, or themselves raise all in with have usually the best chances of cracking aces, or kings.

I know absolutely nothing about cash games, all the money I have lost has gone to the Hell hole called "Ring Game", but I assume it would be a correct move there. You just have to wait it out, because ultimately these same idiots who suck out on you, will make you a pay day, every day. Some day. Take this as a form of entertainment; at least it saves your nerves and might save your chips, when you are less susceptible to tilt. After all, clowns are fun. :)