This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

I get great hands at FT :P

• DomenViBritannia
      DomenViBritannia
      Bronze
      The hands I have gotten in the two weeks I have been playing at FT were pretty horrible. Out of say 120 hands, which I usually get dealt at S'n'G, I probably get 5-10 good ones.

Lately, my hands look like this:

Q2,Q5,53,K2,A2,9J,T2,58, 4T,J2,43,92,.... and so forth. They keep coming back.

I am a TAG player I believe, but I am still far away from anything since I started playing 3 weeks ago. I play all pairs up to 99 without raising, maybe in the late position, then of course 99+, raise the standard.

When I get a hand, even if it is marginal (mid pair, draw) I can do good, but I don't even get that.

This days has been quite frustrating, lost some 5 Sit and goes in a row, was 2nd in one and lost again now.

I will put a stop to playing FT for today. My balance keeps wavering from 50$ to $60. It will probably take me a while before I can beat the limit, which I will have after I achieve $100 obviously. But I guess this is a hard part of poker .. the start.

Still loads of strategy, books and videos to go through! Anyway with any advice on how to play these $1,20 Sit and goes?

What I do is play I described before, and am not overly aggressive until the mid-stage. I wait until the fields narrows down, then start playing. However, I couldn't do that at all today. The field narrowed down however I was at the push-or-fold stage and I had to push. Then when I pushed with AK some one with 66 calls and obviously I get knocked out..

I it quite ridiculous how these players play.. they go all in with mid-pair when the flop hits, then some one calls with an even lesser hand, enabling them to accumulate chips to be the big-stack and to be able to cover you every-time.

They play too many hands as well, and regard cards like AJ, JK, KQ, QJ as strong.. and then in the end they even flop AJ or river the King...
  • 3 replies