Pokerstars Bandwidth Usage

• Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Hello All,

I was considering buying a wireless stick to play poker wherever I am. I feel this is the future of the internet but as of now there is a big dissadvantage, you have a bandwidth limit.

So with that said I have no idea how much bandwidth Stars requires. So I guess my question is does anyone know?

Would I be able to play 12-16 tables 160 hours a month under 5 GB of bandwidth? I contacted Stars support but no answer like usual :P
  • 5 replies
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      i used proxifier to play in my college, and it was between 0.5 - 2kbps 6tabling...

so lets say 4kbps x 3600 x160h =2.304GB...

what happens if you exceed that bandwith? i hate monthly limits. X(

but if they just cut your speed when you are over the limit, then its fine... poker doesnt need too much internet speed.

...id be worried about stability too!!
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      If they just cut my speed i wouldn't care.

Its $0.05 per MB after that. All of a sudden my poker playing becomes -EV and then whats the point?

I'm trying to avoid this lol.
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      :O :O :O

that really SUCKS... maybe look for another provider? because paying $50 per Gb... INSANE!
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      50 for 5 GB. Here in western Canada we only have one provider for the internet sticks right now.

The plus side is with a 2 year contract you get a free notebook which almost makes it worth it. With that said I dont need a notebook so this is only if all the numbers work for online poker.
    • molywop
      molywop
      Bronze
      hello verre,

i use a mobile broadband usb stick thing instead of normal broadband, and although i can't be sure how many hours ive played this month ive only used 1.5GB.

to be honest i think quite alot of that is down to watching videos on this site and on youtube etc.

i normally 6table on FTP for an hour or two a day, sometimes more sometimes less.