This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 ATs TPTK@drawy board

• lolofon
      lolofon
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,06
      BU:
      $3,14

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , T:spade:
      CO folds, BU raises to $0,12, Hero raises to $0,40, BB folds, BU calls $0,28.

Flop: ($0,84) 8:club: , 7:spade: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,55, BU calls $0,55.

Turn: ($1,94) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,75, Hero raises to $4,11 (All-In), BU folds.

Final Pot: $6,80

Hello,
      PF i am 3betting as i've been quite tight recently, so my image is good :)
      Flop is nice, easy cbet.
      Turn - should i bet here? The turncard is quite awful, a nine has hit. I think i cannot bet for value here, as i don't see many worse hands that could call me (maybe JT-KT). I don't think i have to protect here as well. FD is very unlikely and majority of straightdraws has already hit. There are ofc some guthots, but the only hand i have to protect against is 45 i think, or? I decided to check/fold, but he bet very small amount, so i finally decided to check/raise to represent straight and get hands like 2 pairs to fold.

Thanks for your ideas ;)
  • 2 replies
    • EgertS
      EgertS
      Bronze
      I would never 3bet with this hand pre. Difficult hand to play OOP.

Bet more on the flop. It is very drawy, so I would bet like 65-70c. I would check/fold the turn since so many draws completed. You just put yourself into a difficult position since you 3bet pre and built the pot. Therefore you had to make a big c-bet and you have already commited 1/5 of your stack with a hand like this.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      standard 3-bet against loose Bu open
      He would never b/f turn with two pair hands, but his range is definitely wider than 9x or two pair on the turn, so I think if you´re not c/c turn and c/f river you can also c/rai turn