Best Room for first deposit?

• beefpuff
      beefpuff
      Bronze
      Hello guys, I'm wondering whether you could help me out.

I collected my 50$ from PS around a year back at Titan Poker. I did alright with the initial money, getting it to around 70$. Then my interest in Poker faded, as I had final exams, etc. Long story short, I spent it all on the slot machines :P

Anyway, I'm back to the world of Poker, and I'm looking to start building a bankroll by grinding the micro limits (with SSS I think, unless that's not the best/easiest way anymore).

The problem is that I already have quite a few accounts for different rooms.

I have accounts with money in Titan Poker, Pokerstars (and Party Poker too, I think).

I have accounts with all the other major rooms expect for (EuroPoker, William Hill, Cake, PKR and Heaven).

Which is the best room to make a deposit? The things I'm looking for (and I might be overlooking something due to my beginner-ness) are:

1) Weak players at micro and low NL tables (I know they're weak everywhere at this limit, but I'm sure the quality differs from room to room).

2) SSS is usable (i.e. you can buy-in with 20 BBs)

3) Multi-tabling supported

4) (less important) rakeback

Also, am I right in thinking that if I make a first deposit on any of these rooms with the PS code, I will get PS points and the bonuses? Or is it only on platforms that I've never installed before?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Beefy
  • 8 replies
    • beefpuff
      beefpuff
      Bronze
      Bump, anyone? :)
    • Wertoph
      Wertoph
      Bronze
      My opinion, Everest.
      Buy in at tables is still 20-100bb, lots of weak players.
      Rakeback is nice, once u climb the vip system, but shouldnt be too hard.
      Bonus is nice and clearable if u put in volume.

Drawback, not so many tables as u d like, but perfectly manageable to play if u play in peak time ( euro zone).

forgot to mention...mutlitabling, kinda lackluster with their software, i usually play 4-5 tables.
    • daytripper84
      daytripper84
      Bronze
      In my opinion, either full tilt poker or pokerstars are your best bet. They have the biggest player bases, no controversies surrounding them (see UB scandal), plus the biggest selection of tournament/satellites, as well as support for other less popular variations of poker, with a decent sized playerbase for them as well. So both sites are good, just make sure you get a rakeback deal upon signup.

edit: Failed to realize you wanted sites that supported SSS type players. But I stand by what I said, eventually you will have to learn BSS as it becomes a lot harder to make a profit at the higher limits with SSS, so I say forgo SSS and just learn BSS. It's more fun, and less robotic as well :P
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wertoph
      My opinion, Everest.
      Buy in at tables is still 20-100bb, lots of weak players.
      Rakeback is nice, once u climb the vip system, but shouldnt be too hard.
      Bonus is nice and clearable if u put in volume.

Drawback, not so many tables as u d like, but perfectly manageable to play if u play in peak time ( euro zone).

forgot to mention...mutlitabling, kinda lackluster with their software, i usually play 4-5 tables.
      /\ This /\

If you're heavy multitabling could be a bit annoying, but they still support SSS, is a fish tank and you'll have plenty of tables up to NL25, by then hopefully you'll have changed to BSS and you can move elsewhere.
    • beefpuff
      beefpuff
      Bronze
      Thanks guys for your answers. I've made an account at Everest. The multi tabling support is indeed really bad, but I can open around 6-8 tables if I connect my TV to my laptop (I hate tiling though).

My first impressions: 1) It's a giant fish tank, 2) they have a lot of freerolls, 3) the bonus seems 'easy' to clear.

Again, the main drawback for me is the multi tabling issue. I'm planing on slowly moving my way up a few limits, clear the bonus, and then move my bankroll somewhere else :)

And yes, I'm not planning on playing SSS my whole life ;)
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Have a look in the Everest section for hints and about the multitabling issue download donkresizer.
    • Wertoph
      Wertoph
      Bronze
      Lol degre same registration date :P

btw. any words about everest changing their min buyin? cuz i kinda like ginding sss there.
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Well... bound sooner or later to meet someone "born" on the same day :f_p:

As for the buy-in, nothing heard. But I'm not really monitoring them properly as I couldn't care any less.