[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR - KK scare card on turn and river

• Bezeal
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      UTG calls $0.02, 3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.06, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, UTG calls $0.16, MP2 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.55) 4, 2, Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, UTG calls $0.30, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($1.15) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: ($1.15) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.55(All-In), Hero calls $0.55.

Final Pot: $2.25.

I make a standard cbet on the flop. After villain called, i had him on a pair of Q's. Therefore i checked the turn intending to fold to a bet. I'm not sure about the call on the river, but i actually had him on a missed spade flush draw since he checked the turn (i see alot of players on these micro-stakes making bluffs on the river, when they miss their draws).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Given the stacks I'd just shove the turn, we can't realistically find a check/fold and we'll just give him a chance to get away from worse hands while jamming better hands on us if we don't put him in. Bad players won't fold much of anything for just a 1/2 pot bet on that card since with their made hands on some level they know it makes it less likely you have a Q yourself and people just can't fold draws.

As played it's ok he can still have busted draws, tho you'll randomly run into some floated A-high hands / trickily played trips / very few boats.

Hope it helps.