This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 KK difficult turn situation

• Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I was faced with very difficult situation on turn.

I become a little bit experienced over time but still i think i have very much to learn.

Is there a possibility to act here differently?

Is there a possibility that his shove is pure bluff?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $49.25
      SB:
      $63.92
      BB:
      $29.44
      MP2:
      $66.79
      MP3 (Hero):
      $74.34
      CO:
      $50.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      MP2 raises to $1.75, Hero raises to $6.00, 4 folds, MP2 calls $4.25.

Flop: ($12.75) 9, Q, 2 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $8.00, MP2 calls $8.00.

Turn: ($28.75) J (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $18.00, MP2 raises to $52.79, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $46.75.

Thanks guys
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      it is never pure bluff, but h can easily shove turn with Qx hand or JT, KJ or smt like that
      Once you bet turn, imo you can´t fold to shove
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      But u really think that this kind of player is capable of shoving that with Qx hand or JT, KJ as u said.

He seems to be good player.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Interesting spot. But yeah, I guess we really can't fold this turn after we bet, the pot is far too big.

What can we put him on though, for calling a 3bet pre flop? I guess TT, JJ, QQ, AK, AQ are possibilities. I see him mostly shoving JJ, slow played QQ, and AK :diamond: there.

@Kaitz: would you play the turn differently, or do you like just bet/calling?
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Basically i really dont see other option than bet here and shove river.

But that shove very surprised me and as we were a little bit deep i decided to fold since i really didnt see an option that he has worse hand.

Maybe he was slowplaying AA also. I see that often.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Interesting spot. But yeah, I guess we really can't fold this turn after we bet, the pot is far too big.

What can we put him on though, for calling a 3bet pre flop? I guess TT, JJ, QQ, AK, AQ are possibilities. I see him mostly shoving JJ, slow played QQ, and AK :diamond: there.

@Kaitz: would you play the turn differently, or do you like just bet/calling?
      Depends what is hero image. I think his range can be as wide as: KQ+; 55-JJ, Aj+ Mostly he should get all-in preflop with QQ+/AK
      Turn is not the safest card in the deck. I would b/c likely 50% and check back 50% of times. But again it depends what is my image. If he sees me 35/30 with 3-bet on the Bu close to 15%-20% it is b/c to me 100% of times, since he would c/rai with any top pair hand