Ebay link

• degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

sorry for asking here but I honestly don't know where else I could put forward my question, anyway...

Working for a game company I do get the occasional copy of new releases, which I seldom keep and often go to a shop or on Ebay. Could it be an issue if whenever I put some new game in my Ebay I put a note in my personal blog?

I sure haven't made it for that reason, but I don't see it as bad and sure I'm not going to open a market section.

I'm aware of Rule No3 which says no advertisement, but it's also explicit towards specific Poker advertisement, so I was wondering how that applies to the rest.

Thanks to all for your effort and sorry for bothering you with such a silly question.

Cheers!
  • 8 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi degre,

Appreciate you posting here first, thank you.

We generally frown on any advertising where you yourself are set to benefit whether poker related or not. This includes the selling of items and affiliate links etc.

We have in the past removed direct links to ebay pages, unless they were unrelated to the member and posted in the context of showing types of poker items available etc.

I personally would say that it wouldn't be appropriate to post these in your blog, but can check with the management in Gibraltar tomorrow (CET) for you.

I will post again tomorrow, thanks for your understanding ;)

Best regards,

Bart

Edit: Don't worry, there are no silly questions, only silly answers! (mostly from me :D )
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Sorry degre,

Just realised it's bank holiday weekend, might be Tuesday when I or the CM get back to you.

Best regards,

Bart
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Thanks Bart, I'll wait for Tuesday then ^_^

By the way... Gibraltar has the same bank holidays as UK?
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Hey degre,

I do not think we share all the Bank Holidays with the UK, though Gibraltar is an oversea territory of her (or it?)...we also have Queen's Birthday as a Bank Holiday and that doesn't exist in the UK as far as I know (we just love her more).

Now to your original question.

Very nice of you to ask before posting.

Currently we do not allow any sort of "advertising" for online shops. Reason is simple: [i]what if everybody does it?[/I] The forum could very fast be flooded with threads for the sole purpose of advertising commercial online shops.
      For us it is hard to tell if behind those links stands a company that wants to make profit or a private person that just does the online version of a backyard sell.

So for the moment I would ask you not to post a link to your Ebay auctions/account.
      But, in the German forum we have a Marketplace which works like a light version of Ebay, so we do not have anything against it in general and we already discussed options for alternatives.

As EagleStar88 already said, please give us some time to brainstorm a little what we can do here.
      I take your feedback and discuss it with my colleagues and we'll get back to you. In the meantime, please be patient as it might take a while.
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Thanks for your answer Michael, it is much appreciated.

I sure can wait for how long it takes, it's not like I was relying on this forum in the first place for ebay sales, I'd rather rely on this place for poker related activities :f_p:
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      oh.. I mentioned a site in my blog that i played some freerolls on. So that probably isn't allowed? I will edit it if it isn't. I'm not promoting the site, i'm mentioning it. But i could understand if you guys don't want that.

Since the site is kinda competition. (Although not really, they don't offer learning materials like pokerstrategy. They basicaly just host freerolls and promotions)

(didn't feel like making a new thread :D not trying to hijack it. But it's on the same topic kinda)
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Hey Hahaownedlolz,

Sorry for the late response.

I didn't check your blog for it, but if it is a link to another affiliate or a poker room that isn't one of our partners, I would ask you to remove it.

Why?

Taken from our Business model site (which is an interesting read, btw.):

PokerStrategy.com is free for you because we have advertising partnerships with all large poker rooms such as Titan Poker and PartyPoker.

I think it is understandable that we do not want to be a platform for advertising of poker rooms and affiliates, we have no connection to :)
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Ok thanks. I double checked and i didn't mention it. The only thing i mentioned was poker rail radio which is just a radio station that's only broadcasts during sunday when they host the freeroll.

So it's fine :f_p: