[NL2-NL10] Kk Nl4

• LSFC4ever
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.16, 2 folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.5) 7, T, J (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, CO calls $0.40, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.3) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.76, CO raises to $1.79, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.06.

This is some old hand that i wanted evaluation for, but i forgot to post it, so i cant provide the stats for this hand.As far as i remember, Villain is some kind of weak TAG.At the turn i actually didnt realised i also bet JT, so my decision got influenced by that also,There are lot of pair+straight draws combo here, AsKs and KsQs, TP that i beat.I dont think 7 is in his range here tho.So, is this an easy shove?
      P.S: I wanted to bet a little more on the turn but didnt saw the number that good so that happened :)
  • 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Hmmpf, at first I was gonna say: nice hand, cause call flop - raise turn is pretty much always the nuts BUT considering this is NL4 and we've got an overpair and people could consider hands like top pair good kicker the nuts I'm probably going broke anyway.

Another reason here is that the 7 paired the board so he's less likely to have flopped a set. In addition we're are now way ahead against JT because we made a better two pair. The only hands you're loosing against are Tens & Jacks. So I'm just getting it in on the turn.

PS: bet the turn bigger, like $1 - $1.10.
    • LSFC4ever
      Thank you with the reply on both threads, mate.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Hard to say without even a player type.

It's pretty damn hard a tag to just flatcall with sets/JT on that board and if he did he wouldn't have much of a reason to raise the turn when he makes the absolute nuts with flopped straight&sets / possibly gets counterfeited with TJ. I guess it's possible if he's bad. Wouldn't completely discount a 7 either, it's possible he called preflop with 87s or something. Not to mention it's even less likely that this type of player is just (semi-)bluffing on the turn.

If he's a fish it's possibly he's randomly (semi-)bluffing, it's also possibly he considers he now has the nuts with Jacks&Sevens or something, he could as well have flat-called monsters on the flop regardless of the board being drawy as hell.

Real ugly spot regardless, against an unknown I'd still jam the turn when in doubt but it wouldn't take much for me to fold that turn to some regs.

Hope it helps.