Is this EV+?

• vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      I've seen some people open raise by shoving in FR NL10 rush poker. Never called before, but this time I had QQ. Should I have called, or there was no doubt they had KK+?
      Btw raiser was big stacked too.
  • 9 replies
    • Escobario
      Escobario
      Bronze
      probably somone just scared of playing their AA postflop cos rush poker is walking though a (set)minefield.

easy fold imo
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      tilty fish i guess
    • Jepons13
      Jepons13
      Bronze
      People who open shove almost never have KK+ usually they have random crap why would someone want to loose so much value in just pushing Aces? Even fish know that.

With QQ its a instant call for me.
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jepons13
      People who open shove almost never have KK+ usually they have random crap why would someone want to loose so much value in just pushing Aces? Even fish know that.

With QQ its a instant call for me.
      Really instant call?

I actually agree with Escobario, there are alot of people that do this with QQ+ because they dont know what to do postflop..

Now i can see myself folding QQ depending on who it is, A couple of hands to observe would answer that question.. KK+ wouldnt fold that..

Even if it was a fish, it wouldnt be too hard to outplay them postflop anyways, so you could always wait for another hand.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      next time i'm just calling to see what happens :f_p:
    • Escobario
      Escobario
      Bronze
      i think the important thi ng to remember its nl10, cant assume fish know anything
    • Jepons13
      Jepons13
      Bronze
      I don't know about rush but in simple cash games I allways call and they show up crap. Like Ax; Kx or 22-99.
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      I've called an open 100BB shove once in Rush with KK and naturally they had AA, personally I think calling KK+ is ok (for Rush, a bit looser for normal cash games I guess?). I doubt too many fish would do this in Rush poker purely because they can fold and wait for a better hand. More likely they are sick of set miners cracking AA, I can sympathise.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      if it's a winning player fold, if it's a losing player call. atleast that's how i'd make my decision