This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Is this EV+?

• vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      I've seen some people open raise by shoving in FR NL10 rush poker. Never called before, but this time I had QQ. Should I have called, or there was no doubt they had KK+?
      Btw raiser was big stacked too.
  • 9 replies
    • Escobario
      Escobario
      Bronze
      probably somone just scared of playing their AA postflop cos rush poker is walking though a (set)minefield.

easy fold imo
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      tilty fish i guess
    • Jepons13
      Jepons13
      Bronze
      People who open shove almost never have KK+ usually they have random crap why would someone want to loose so much value in just pushing Aces? Even fish know that.

With QQ its a instant call for me.
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jepons13
      People who open shove almost never have KK+ usually they have random crap why would someone want to loose so much value in just pushing Aces? Even fish know that.

With QQ its a instant call for me.
      Really instant call?

I actually agree with Escobario, there are alot of people that do this with QQ+ because they dont know what to do postflop..

Now i can see myself folding QQ depending on who it is, A couple of hands to observe would answer that question.. KK+ wouldnt fold that..

Even if it was a fish, it wouldnt be too hard to outplay them postflop anyways, so you could always wait for another hand.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      next time i'm just calling to see what happens :f_p:
    • Escobario
      Escobario
      Bronze
      i think the important thi ng to remember its nl10, cant assume fish know anything
    • Jepons13
      Jepons13
      Bronze
      I don't know about rush but in simple cash games I allways call and they show up crap. Like Ax; Kx or 22-99.
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      I've called an open 100BB shove once in Rush with KK and naturally they had AA, personally I think calling KK+ is ok (for Rush, a bit looser for normal cash games I guess?). I doubt too many fish would do this in Rush poker purely because they can fold and wait for a better hand. More likely they are sick of set miners cracking AA, I can sympathise.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      if it's a winning player fold, if it's a losing player call. atleast that's how i'd make my decision