This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Aj

• vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $17.49
      BU:
      $7.43
      SB:
      $8.64
      BB:
      $9.53
      UTG1:
      $5.77
      UTG2:
      $5.07
      MP1:
      $15.80
      MP2:
      $48.31
      MP3 (Hero):
      $21.08

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, A.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 2, A, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.35) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50.

River: ($5.35) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $5.35.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(J A).
      CO shows a pair of aces(Q A).

CO wins with a pair of aces(Q A).

Cbet was standard I guess, but what about turn and river?
      Should I have played for pot control or protection? We were both deep stacked and I didn't want to get so involved with such a weak hand.
  • 3 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Turn: Most of the time you just want to bet for value. Being deep doesn't change much - the extra money is only going to come into play if CO raises, and you would usually be bet/folding anyway. It will only really make a difference vs an aggressive player that can exploit your propensity to fold in this spot. In that case, checking the turn with the intention of calling down is a good plan.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      On NL10 this is a clear bet bet check line. There's value to be gotten out of flush draws and weaker aces that are calling you down...

On the river I check/call or check/fold depending on bet size but in most cases people will check behind AQ and even AK there. Very few people know they should valuebet a strong Ace when you check the river to them on these stakes.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Turn: Most of the time you just want to bet for value. Being deep doesn't change much - the extra money is only going to come into play if CO raises, and you would usually be bet/folding anyway. It will only really make a difference vs an aggressive player that can exploit your propensity to fold in this spot. In that case, checking the turn with the intention of calling down is a good plan.
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      On NL10 this is a clear bet bet check line. There's value to be gotten out of flush draws and weaker aces that are calling you down...

On the river I check/call or check/fold depending on bet size but in most cases people will check behind AQ and even AK there. Very few people know they should valuebet a strong Ace when you check the river to them on these stakes.
      What they said ;)