$5.07
      MP1:
      $15.80
      MP2:
      $48.31
      MP3 (Hero):
      $21.08

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, A.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 2, A, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.35) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50.

River: ($5.35) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $5.35.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(J A).
      CO shows a pair of aces(Q A).

CO wins with a pair of aces(Q A).

Cbet was standard I guess, but what about turn and river?
      Should I have played for pot control or protection? We were both deep stacked and I didn't want to get so involved with such a weak hand.
  • 3 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Turn: Most of the time you just want to bet for value. Being deep doesn't change much - the extra money is only going to come into play if CO raises, and you would usually be bet/folding anyway. It will only really make a difference vs an aggressive player that can exploit your propensity to fold in this spot. In that case, checking the turn with the intention of calling down is a good plan.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      On NL10 this is a clear bet bet check line. There's value to be gotten out of flush draws and weaker aces that are calling you down...

On the river I check/call or check/fold depending on bet size but in most cases people will check behind AQ and even AK there. Very few people know they should valuebet a strong Ace when you check the river to them on these stakes.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Turn: Most of the time you just want to bet for value. Being deep doesn't change much - the extra money is only going to come into play if CO raises, and you would usually be bet/folding anyway. It will only really make a difference vs an aggressive player that can exploit your propensity to fold in this spot. In that case, checking the turn with the intention of calling down is a good plan.
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      On NL10 this is a clear bet bet check line. There's value to be gotten out of flush draws and weaker aces that are calling you down...

On the river I check/call or check/fold depending on bet size but in most cases people will check behind AQ and even AK there. Very few people know they should valuebet a strong Ace when you check the river to them on these stakes.
      What they said ;)