Just bought something in FullTilt Store

• UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      I just bought a couple of apparel items in the store (points coming from the FullTilt Poker Academy mainly), how much this will affect my rakeback?

I spent about 12000 FTP, will this affect this week's rakeback only or what?
  • 10 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey UeYa,

AFAIk, this spending spree looks like it will affect your rakeback significantly because you send so much.

But, all the information you need is here:
      Rakeback FAQ (Look here first)

Regards,

Kyle.
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      From calculations it seems that I won't receive rakeback for an amount of ~60$ :O

Anyway the "got tilt?" tshirt and the hoodie are cool enuff :D
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      No your "net earned rake" will drop by $60. Your rakeback drops by 27% of this or about $16.
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      But I still have a doubt...the FTP I've spent are not rake-earned but coming from the FullTilt Poker Academy....is it the same? Will this kill my rakeback?

I've completed many challenges and then converted the FTPA points to FTP points (5k FTPA --> 5k FTP) then used these ones for buying from the store.

justkyle88 do you think is the same policy or it should affect only FTP earned through rake?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      @UeYa,

AFAIK FTP points are FTP points no matter which way you accumulate them. So whether or not they are FTPA points or not, it's the same thing.

But, I'm not 100% sure on this because I've never heard of this situation. I'll pass it on and get back to you ASAP :D

Regards,

Kyle.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You will get a rakeback hit if you bought something from the store, that's the original policy

Doesn't matter whether you've earned those FTPs, got them by exchanging Ironman medals or FTPA points for it ;)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Justkyle & Gerv are correct, points spent affect your net earned rake irrespective of how earnt, transferred or purchased.

noclaninator's calc/explanation is also correct.

All items bought via ftp are still cheaper than the high street and the deductions relatively small, so don't get too hung up on lost rakeback.

Best regards,

Bart
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      I understand the policy but seems to be pretty unfair because it'd be correct if I was using the raked FTPs because obviously these impact PokerStrategy earnings but in a case like this Strategy's not losing money.

Anyway I don't want to "fight" for a few bucks but imho strategy might consider this kind of cases and review the policy.

My 2 cents (raise!!!!) :s_cool:
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello UeYa,

It doesn't have anything to do with PokerStrategy as to why you get reduced net earned rake if you spend FTPs in the shop, clear bonus etc.

It is a policy that has been implemented by FullTilt themselves and effects everybody with a rakeback deal at FT, not just PokerStrategy members.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      So it's FT who has as unfair policy....u should riot!!!! :f_biggrin:

Thx for the explanations