Sad fact about RB on FTP

• roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      I hate the fact that your RB gets hit by your deposit and/or withdrawals. Unfortunately, it seems that higher you deposit/withdraw higher your MGR gets hit. FTP refuses to give what transaction fees they cut from your MGR. So this fact makes their RB below %27 if you're a regularly withdrawing player. We can't do any calculations because this transaction fee cuts between FTP and affiliates... For this reason I may move my roll to *stars* and grind for supernova...
  • 5 replies
    • alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      yeh FT is very very money wanting site :D
      they hit out RB for everything we do there.
      when i wanted to buy item for ~5.8k FTP it would affect my RB by about 29$, altho that item in store costs like 3-10$ w/o FT label on it ofc.
      so yeh i think im going to stars too :/
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi roswellx,

Appreciate your view and yes your rakeback would be adjusted due to the transactions charges etc. I did just want to make sure that you are aware of a couple of things so you can make an informed decision yourself.

Full Tilt get charged a fee by the credit cards/money organisations for every transaction made. All Full Tilt are doing is passing some of that fee onto you, like any retailer does (in it's pricing). You have a choice as to how many transactions you actually make. Charging those making the transactions is far fairer than charging all of it's players for a service that many don't actually use.

Don't forget that Rakeback is effectively "free stuff" that Full Tilt provides you, as many platforms don't give any rake back or like with Stars, you have to reach certain levels to get an effective rakeback through VIP.

All Full Tilt are doing is passing on their own incurred costs by giving you slightly less "free stuff" than if you didn't deposit/withdraw. It is not taking any money from you directly.

The same goes for other free stuff like ftp points. They're happy giving you something for free (the value of your free ftp points), but they make a deduction from your rakeback to avoid giving you a further freebie ontop of the original freebie. I think you'll agree that this is more than fair.

Sorry, ended up a little longer explanation that I had planned, but I think it is a valid point to consider. If still unsure of any aspect, don't hesitate to shout and I or fellow member will try to clarify further for you :)

Best regards,

Bart
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      If you search our forums, a member had (a while back) drawn up a superb comparison summary between Stars & Full Tilt.

I think the general consensus was that Full Tilt's rakeback & bonuses were greater for lower level players, but those achieving "supernova" status earned more effective rakeback via Stars.

Think that was right, but ofc may have changed. Leave you to search/compare.

Good luck with whichever you decide, they're both great platforms in my own personal opinion.

Best regards,

Bart
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      The thing is until NL25 FTP takes %6.66 rake from pots which is way above industry standard. Though this is not my issue at the moment as I started playing NL50. What I'm saying is those who are planning to play or move their roll to FTP just to have awesome %27 RB and in the mean time withdrawing certain percentage of their winnings regularly, the awesome percentage drops and we cannot determine how much does it drop because FTP refuses to give any information about their fees about transactions. So if it's dropping by %7 then having platinum @ stars or anywhere else like Cake poker or some other network which doesn't charge bonuses from your MGR would be a better option.

Since RB thing is giving FREE money, nobody can ask for more information. FTP basically says, I'm giving you extra and you don't like it huh? Well I appreciate something than nothing but this thing should be more transparent in my opinion.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Each to their own my friend, I'm not trying to persuade you, they are both great platforms, I just want you to consider the full facts.

For example it isn't 7%, the Full Tilt FAQ confirms that it would be no more than 5%, the exact figure as you indicated is not known, but in my experience is bearly noticeable.

Like I said before, search is your friend.

Best regards,

Bart