UTG ($14.27)
      UTG+1 ($9.66)
      CO ($15.30)
      BTN ($9.85)
      SB ($11.65)
      Hero ($19.56)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BB 7:club: A:club:
      UTG calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero checks

Flop: A:heart: 10:spade: 7:heart: ($0.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, UTG raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: 4:heart: ($1.05, 2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.78, Hero calls $0.78

River: A:diamond: ($2.61, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2, UTG goes all-in $12.99, Hero calls $10.99

Opp: 20/3/1.5 over 250 hands.

Pre: Could have raised as he folds 50% of hands against a raise, but decided to take a safe way with checking.

Flop: Don't see reason not to bet, but as getting minraise usually means trouble, I just call it to avoid big pots.

Turn: I suppose I still have outs if he has flash, but I should be ahead a lot against other single pair Ax combos. I doubt he's betting SD here, but I saw him making some moves as well, so I didn't cross it off the list.

River: Well, that's a spot where I can't really fold. There's only one hand beating me (as you can understand, he had that) and he could have a lot of Ax hands he didn't raise, he could have flash or boated set or who knows what else. His huge overshove really made me feel sick, as he's leaving me with 100BB to call... It just seems this spot is mostly read dependent, and I haven't seen him shoving like this, but imho there are a lot of worse hands in his range here.
  • 1 reply
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

We really can't fold on the river. He's probably doing that with a flush or simply Ax. I mean, when he has AT, we just have to call it tough luck.

Pre: I think it's a good idea to check, since he's in UTG and his limping range probably contains many hands that dominate you.

Flop: I don't mind going for a 3b here. There are quite a few draws out there and he could have Ax. I'd make it $1 and we can easily fold if he raises again.
      I think calling is fine as well, given that we're deep, OOP and with a pretty vulnerable hand.
      If you know your opponent well enough and feel confortable playing this hand for a bigger pot, then go for a raise. If you're not sure, call ;-)

Turn and river are perfectly fine.

Cheers!