Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($1)
      UTG+1 ($8.37)
      CO ($9.86)
      BTN ($11.69)
      Hero ($10.33)
      BB ($2.50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is SB Q:heart: Q:diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 1 fold, CO raises to $1, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: 8:spade: 9:heart: 9:club: ($2.20, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.65, CO calls $1.65

Turn: 8:club: ($5.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $4.12, CO goes all-in $7.21, Hero calls $3.09

River: 10:heart: ($19.92, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Opp: 78/5/3.2 over 140 hands

Pre: Limp/raise by CO just sucked bigtime and at that point I already felt trouble, so avoided to 4bet as I wasn't sure how he will react.

Flop: Not sure if donking out there was a best move as he's folding all his crap here and raising/calling better hands. He had cbet of 100%, so this donk move sucks.

Turn: At this point I just can't let it go, but it smells like made monster, so I close my eyes and b/c it.

Well, this situation is kinda pain, because limp/raise shouldn't mean low pp, like 22-TT or even JJ as he would c/c with that pf. I doubt he's raising anything lower that AQ in that preflop spot, most likely his range pf could be AK, JJ+ against which it's almost 50/50, BUT it's NL10, he's 78/5 and he could have an idea of "hey, let's make a min raise move here".
      That means every move here is tough. Folding QQ against such a player imho is way too weak. Calling it oop can lead to such a postflop situation I had. If I 4bet and get 5bet/shove from him - again bad.

Postflop play - could c/c, but that would lead to AI anyway, folding at that spot would mean I called preflop just to setmine against AA, KK.

So, messy situation, any opinions? :)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

78/5/3.2, the guy barely ever raises preflop as it is so him limp/3betting has to be a rarity unless you really pissed him off by isoraising constantly.

You call preflop to setmine against KK+ and in case he randomly did that with complete garbage, rarely he'll have a worse made hand that he can pay off a bet with, so essentially you're already bluff-catching on the flop, which is why it makes little sense to lead out huge into him. I'd just check/call most of the time unless his sizing/timing spooks me somehow, in which case I have no problem straight up folding against that particular villain based on his preflop range alone. Honestly I get a lot of shit from my friends for doing stuff like that, but frankly I can't just get stacked by KK+ after a fish that rarely uses the raise button goes all limp/3betty on me and call it a cooler.

Even if you check/call the flop you don't have to stack off, it's perfectly possible for villain to c-bet once and give it up on the turn with worse hands. Kinda requires you being confident about his turn betting range in that spot tho.

As played on the turn it's messed up, frankly I'd be surprised if you're ever good AND get called there. I'd curse myself for betting the flop to begin with and either check/fold or bet/call depending on whether it's even remotely possible that this guy has some TT-JJ in that spot.

Hope it helps.