PatyPoker inactivity fee

• Yuris125
      Yuris125
      Bronze
      Hi,

Some time ago I received free $50 at PartyPoker from PokerStrategy (2nd starting capital). Unfortunately I had other commitments at that time, and couldn't take full advantage of that offer... I created an account, played one session, won $10 or something like that, and didn't have a chance to go on

Recently, I received an e-mail from PartyPoker, saying that

As you’ve not used your account recently*, we wanted to remind you that after six months of inactivity we charge an administration fee of 5 Euros each month

It's good thing I didn't put any of my own money into that account... however, I have a few questions

1. Is it normal practice for poker rooms to charge this kind of fee? I have accounts with other rooms (Stars, Full Tilt, Titan), and none of them ever mentioned an inactivity fee
      2. When PartyPoker tries to charge a fee this month, they will find that I don't have enough money in the account. What will happen next, will the balance go negative, and will they try to recover the deficit? Would it be best to ask them to delete my account before this happens?

Hope to be back to poker soon, and see you at the tables (but not on Party)

Thanks for your help
      Yuri
  • 9 replies
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      No this is not normal but it is something that Party poker does, I would advise you to log on and play on that account. I believe you have to play one raked hand per 6 months to not have to pay the fee, it's got to be worth it
    • FaTDoGBG
      FaTDoGBG
      Bronze
      people are stupid, first in the email that you have received you should find a link to the terms and conditions, where it is clearly stated why they charge you. if you have no money in the account they will not charge you, but this is also stated there, seems for most people it is better and easier (cuz they are lazy) to ask question then to check it yourself. However if you had some money and if you send them an email asking them to refund the fee, they will do it so no worries ;) and another thing if you have not played for so long most probably the bonus has expired and the 50 USD were taken from the system, but this is just most probably,

so my advice: don't worry even if they charge you and first check and try to find answers alone, then go to forums and ask question...
    • shane0878
      shane0878
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FaTDoGBG
      people are stupid, first in the email that you have received you should find a link to the terms and conditions, where it is clearly stated why they charge you. if you have no money in the account they will not charge you, but this is also stated there, seems for most people it is better and easier (cuz they are lazy) to ask question then to check it yourself. However if you had some money and if you send them an email asking them to refund the fee, they will do it so no worries ;) and another thing if you have not played for so long most probably the bonus has expired and the 50 USD were taken from the system, but this is just most probably,

so my advice: don't worry even if they charge you and first check and try to find answers alone, then go to forums and ask question...
      A bit harsh dont you think?
      Calling people stupid.
      My old teacher use to say "There's not such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer."
      But i love the sarcasm "cuz they are lazy", using cus instead of because :tongue:
      You where being sarcastic weren't you ?(

But i didn't know this and now i do, and i didn't even have to read the terms and conditions :D
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      So let me get this straight, they only charge this fee if you have been inactive and there is money in your account? But if you have been inactive and there is no money in your account they cant charge anything?
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      So let me get this straight, they only charge this fee if you have been inactive and there is money in your account? But if you have been inactive and there is no money in your account they cant charge anything?
      how can they charge if you have nothing?
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      negatives.
    • FaTDoGBG
      FaTDoGBG
      Bronze
      well no one can take money from your credit or debit card or moneybookers account unless you authorize him, in this case click on submit button, so yes they don't charge you, still don't forget that if you contact them, ask them to refund the fee they will do it without any problems ;)
    • Yuris125
      Yuris125
      Bronze
      Thanks for your help!
    • Reanimater
      Reanimater
      Bronze
      negatives.
      as fatdogbg said, an account cannot be charged if it has 0.00 balance in it.

there are no "negatives".

@Joronamo,

yes, if you are inactive for 6 months and you do not have any money in your account, you are not going to be charged with anything.