This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] K8o NL$10 freeplay

• Eclipt
      Eclipt
      Bronze
      Hero: $1.90
      UTG+2: $8.93

0.05/0.1 NL Holdem (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 8 K
      UTG+1 calls $0.10, UTG+2 calls $0.10, 6 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop ($0.40): 8 A 7
      4 checks

Turn ($0.40): K
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.40, SB folds.

River ($1.20): Q
      Eclipt bets $1.40 (all-in), UTG+2 calls $1.40

How is it? According to the articules I think I should`ve gone all-in on turn.
      But guys on polish boards keep telling me I should`ve check/fold river.

I know that if I were playing BSS it would be bad play. But SSS says "go all-in every time you got a hand", so I did.
  • 3 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I think check/fold was the better option since the chance he called with a flushdraw is pretty big.

Perhaps he even has 2 pair with an ace or something. Not many hands you have beat here
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      You have two options here.

Make a very small bet here on the River, around $0.30 and hope that he either fold (when he has nothing) or just calls (when he has no Flush and just a weaker made hand or maybe a weak Flush), because our hand has some showdown Value, but not enought to go All-In here.

If he pushs on the River we can easily fold and know that we are beaten.

Option 2

But if we check the River, he could easily bluff us out of our hand. But we can also hope that he checks behind with a weaker hand, because the 4th heart is scaring him as well.

Against very passive Players I would prefer Option 2, against any other Player (aggressive or unknown etc) Option 1.
    • Eclipt
      Eclipt
      Bronze
      Ok, thank you very much. I thought SSS is a "no-brainer" strategy, so I just followed the instructions given in the articules. From now on I will try to think more on my own. :)

He had A J so anyway I was beaten on turn. :P