[NL2-NL10] K8o NL$10 freeplay

• Eclipt
      Hero: $1.90
      UTG+2: $8.93

0.05/0.1 NL Holdem (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 8 K
      UTG+1 calls $0.10, UTG+2 calls $0.10, 6 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop ($0.40): 8 A 7
      4 checks

Turn ($0.40): K
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.40, SB folds.

River ($1.20): Q
      Eclipt bets $1.40 (all-in), UTG+2 calls $1.40

How is it? According to the articules I think I should`ve gone all-in on turn.
      But guys on polish boards keep telling me I should`ve check/fold river.

I know that if I were playing BSS it would be bad play. But SSS says "go all-in every time you got a hand", so I did.
  • 3 replies
    • Yoghi
      I think check/fold was the better option since the chance he called with a flushdraw is pretty big.

Perhaps he even has 2 pair with an ace or something. Not many hands you have beat here
    • Berliner1982
      You have two options here.

Make a very small bet here on the River, around $0.30 and hope that he either fold (when he has nothing) or just calls (when he has no Flush and just a weaker made hand or maybe a weak Flush), because our hand has some showdown Value, but not enought to go All-In here.

If he pushs on the River we can easily fold and know that we are beaten.

Option 2

But if we check the River, he could easily bluff us out of our hand. But we can also hope that he checks behind with a weaker hand, because the 4th heart is scaring him as well.

Against very passive Players I would prefer Option 2, against any other Player (aggressive or unknown etc) Option 1.
    • Eclipt
      Ok, thank you very much. I thought SSS is a "no-brainer" strategy, so I just followed the instructions given in the articules. From now on I will try to think more on my own. :)

He had A J so anyway I was beaten on turn. :P