This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Sh Aa

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($51.75)
      BB ($110)
      Hero ($58.25)
      CO ($49.25)
      BTN ($16.55)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:spade:

Hero raises to $2, CO calls $2, fold, fold, BB calls $1.50

FLOP ($6.25) K:heart: 4:heart: 7:heart:

BB bets $5, Hero calls $5, CO folds

TURN ($16.25) K:heart: 4:heart: 7:heart: J:spade:

BB bets $11.50, Hero calls $11.50

RIVER ($39.25) K:heart: 4:heart: 7:heart: J:spade: K:spade:

BB bets $40, Hero folds

BB wins $37.29

BB: 25/18/3% 3b, 107 hands
      CO: 17/14, 144 hands

Is there any other way of playing this? I see no point in raising flop or turn because then I'm almost always up against a set or a made flush. When he bets so big on this river I think I'm always beat, even a possible KQ and KJ have improved, and he I don't think there is any possible bluff in his range.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      He can´t have there nut flushdraw, so likely you´re against made flush or maybe sometimes two pair/set, sometimes pair+flushdraw
      Question is what you´re going to do on blank river. If you´re not sure he is bluffing there then fold is reasonable, but I think you´re hand is too good to fold, so I would call him down sometimes and since I don´t think he woudl take that line with Kx too often it is always pure bluff or made hand
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hey Kaitz,

I just can't see any bluff in his range, which is why I thought calling there really hard.

On the flop, what else could he be leading with, except a K, flush or set?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Hey Kaitz,

I just can't see any bluff in his range, which is why I thought calling there really hard.

On the flop, what else could he be leading with, except a K, flush or set?
      for example KQ with Qh, 56 with 6h or smt.
      basically hands that has equity and doesn´t like to start c/c
      Also he can play aggressively pure Q and J high flushdraws, since he can´t really c/c these hands. But most of the times you´re right, he should ahve there set or flush