BB bets $5, Hero calls $5, CO folds

TURN ($16.25) K:heart: 4:heart: 7:heart: J:spade:

BB bets $11.50, Hero calls $11.50

RIVER ($39.25) K:heart: 4:heart: 7:heart: J:spade: K:spade:

BB bets $40, Hero folds

BB wins $37.29

BB: 25/18/3% 3b, 107 hands
      CO: 17/14, 144 hands

Is there any other way of playing this? I see no point in raising flop or turn because then I'm almost always up against a set or a made flush. When he bets so big on this river I think I'm always beat, even a possible KQ and KJ have improved, and he I don't think there is any possible bluff in his range.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      He can´t have there nut flushdraw, so likely you´re against made flush or maybe sometimes two pair/set, sometimes pair+flushdraw
      Question is what you´re going to do on blank river. If you´re not sure he is bluffing there then fold is reasonable, but I think you´re hand is too good to fold, so I would call him down sometimes and since I don´t think he woudl take that line with Kx too often it is always pure bluff or made hand
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hey Kaitz,

I just can't see any bluff in his range, which is why I thought calling there really hard.

On the flop, what else could he be leading with, except a K, flush or set?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Hey Kaitz,

I just can't see any bluff in his range, which is why I thought calling there really hard.

On the flop, what else could he be leading with, except a K, flush or set?
      for example KQ with Qh, 56 with 6h or smt.
      basically hands that has equity and doesn´t like to start c/c
      Also he can play aggressively pure Q and J high flushdraws, since he can´t really c/c these hands. But most of the times you´re right, he should ahve there set or flush