This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh Ak

• Brkanec
      Brkanec
      Bronze
      Can I ever expect worse hands to pay me off? It's easy 3bet and c-bet on the flop, but I'm not sure about my turn play, when I get reraised I guess I'm beaten most of the time, but I'm already pot commited anyway.. what would be the best play in those spots ?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $3,10
      MP3:
      $11,54
      Hero:
      $10,60

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , A:heart:
      MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 raises to $0,30, Hero raises to $1,00, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0,90, MP3 calls $0,70.

Flop: ($3,15) 6:heart: , K:diamond: , 8:diamond: (3 players)
      MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $2,00, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $2,00.

Turn: ($7,15) T:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $4,00, MP3 raises to $8,54 (All-In), Hero calls $3,60 (All-In), MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($22,35) 7:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $22,35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Ks Ah)
      MP3 shows three of a kind, sixes (6c 6s)

MP3 wins with three of a kind, sixes (6c 6s)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11,37
      BU:
      $10,35

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , A:heart:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0,40, Hero raises to $1,30, BB folds, BU calls $0,90.

Flop: ($2,70) 6:spade: , K:diamond: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,80, BU calls $1,80.

Turn: ($6,30) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4,00, BU raises to $7,25 (All-In), Hero calls $3,25.

River: ($20,80) A:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $20,80

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings (Kh Ah)
      BU shows three of a kind, eights (8d 8c)

BU wins with three of a kind, eights (8d 8c)
  • 1 reply
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

Like you said, you're already commited. If you hit a TP/TK in a 3b pot you're commited most of the time. It's hardly ever wrong going broke with these hands in a 3b pot. People will have worse TP, some draws and maybe even worse pairs. The pot is bigger and people have a hard time letting go of their made hands.

I think you played both hands well.
      On hand 1, however, I'd have cb a little bit bigger, so that I can directly shove turn. That's because there are some possible draws out there andI don't want the board to get super scary for my opponent =)

On hand 2, it's the contrary, the board is super dry and therefore, I'd bet small flop and turn and shove river. I'd probably go for something like: $1,40; $2,80; shove remaining stack.

Cheers!