[NL2-NL10] Sh Nl5 Tt Bu

• overson
      overson
      Bronze
      Calling the flop raise shows strength so I think I should have given up turn.
      Also raising the flop may have been a mistake since I could keep the pot small, although if he's betting now he may keep betting. Also this is rush poker, thanks.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $17.97
      SB:
      $6.15
      BB:
      $5.07
      MP2:
      $4.40
      MP3:
      $3.98
      CO:
      $4.25

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, T.
      MP2 raises to $0.17, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.17, SB calls $0.15, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.56) 9, K, 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 bets $0.35, Hero raises to $0.80, SB folds, MP2 calls $0.45.

Turn: ($2.16) 9 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.30, MP2 calls $1.30.

River: ($4.76) K (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2.13(All-In), Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.76.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd just call the flop, we have ~2nd pair and a few backdoors in position, it's certainly playable against his whiffed AJ/AQ/worse pairs.

As played when he calls the flop I'd give him a pair higher than ours most of the time, maybe sometimes a flushdraw or 9x/TT-QQ, so I wouldn't bet that turn.

As played on the river if he's fishy he might show up with enough busted diamonds/JT/QJ stuff to make bluff-catching viable getting more than 3:1 but you'll still get shown a boat most of the time. If he's a reg I wouldn't even entertain calling, our hand looks awfully strong and he's still open shoving into it, he'll have top boat the vast majority of the time.

Hope it helps.