$13.10
      CO:
      $4.46
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB:
      $4.16

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, K.
      MP2 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.47) 9, K, 6 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.27) K (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($1.67) A (2 players)
      MP2 bets $4.20, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.67.

He had Vpip 23 which is rather loose, and PFR of about 7 which categorized him as loose passive.
      I don't know what to say, pf he limped so I didn't think him of a big hand or maybe that was his strategy.I saw a lot of PF limps from loose passive players with AA.
      On the flop he bets potsize, which made me thought him he wants to protect a set or AA,AK .I didn't want to raise him to keep the pot small with this marginal hand.
      On the turn he bets so small that I called in case he has AA and scare him off with a raise.
      On the river what can I say, worst card ever....A of spades, so I'm beaten by AA,AK,99,66 and any 2 spades.He shoves it in and as a loose passive player I put him on at least a flush.So I had to fold,but really really I was pissed.
      What do you think?
      Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I tend to look at 23/7 players more has tight-passive, they just tend to not be able to let go of marginally good hands but they're not playing complete trash either and usually they aren't aggressive at all until they pick up something strong.

So I like your flop call even tho it's possible he has a draw sometimes, he'll likely bet/jam it if he's donking strong with it to begin with and we don't really feel like going broke with TP2K for a stack when we don't even know if he ever does that with a draw.

On the turn it's tricky. My first inclination would be to raise since he could very well play a draw like that trying to get a cheap river. The problem with that is he'll also be suckbet/3-betting boats, it fits his line perfectly for a fish with the nuts and it's quite common really. So actually the right play is that spot is usually to raise/fold to get value from draws while defining his range when he has us smoked so we get away, unless he is either:

1/ capable of suckbet/3-betting with worse trips, in which case it sucks to put ourselves into a raise/puke spot on the turn.

2/ very likely to bluff a blank river with busted draws, in which case raising the turn isn't the only way of getting value from worse hands and we usually get to see a showdown by paying off a river bet against a polarized river range.

I don't think that player will match 2/ most of the time and since I find it dubious he'd pot donk the flop with all top pairs and then suckbet turned trips on that board I'm not too worried about 1/ either. So I'd actually raise/fold that and be pretty confident with it, at least as far as I can be without even playing with the guy, tho some people would likely give me shit for taking such lines ^_^.

As played when he overbet jams the river I'm pretty sure he's never bluffing and he has a boat like all the time just hoping you made the flush.

Hope it helps.