UTG+1 ($5)
      CO ($22.05)
      BTN ($5.45)
      SB ($14.78)
      BB ($9.22)

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 6 players) Hero is UTG A:club: A:spade:
      [UTG+1 posts $0.15]
      Hero raises to $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.45, 1 fold

Flop: Q:spade: 10:heart: 5:diamond: ($1.60, 3 players)
      SB bets $1.23, Hero calls $1.23, UTG+1 folds

Turn: 2:heart: ($4.06, 2 players)
      SB bets $3.08, Hero calls $3.08

River: 2:spade: ($10.22, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB calls $4

Opp: 21/9/4.0 over 70 hands

Pre: Standart

Flop: Was clearly thinking of raising (he had 100% donkbet flop, only 2 hands tho, so didn't really count on that), but decided to take a look on turn and his action and I had one more player acting after me, so raising could put me in nasty situation.

Turn: Solid bet, so didn't raise it as raising would fold any weaker hands and he would just shove it with 2p+. I doubt he would fold QJ, QK or AQ here, but that's all.

River: Even with such a small bet I'm committed, but checking seemed like real weakness as he is +/- aggro and he has no reason to believe I'll keep betting, so I just believe he had some Qx hand or 99/TT.

But is betting river good idea? Or should I play this different on flop/turn?
  • 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Your flop call is fine. The flop isn't super drawy so flatting is fine. You've got another player behind which you prefer to get another call from imo + you don't want the donkbetter to fold Qx kind of hands.

The turn card is a blank pretty much, so again I'm flat calling. No reason to push bluffs or even Qx out of the hand.

The river is a really good card for us cause we also beat QT now, a hand I can easily see him play like this and he probably won't be able to get away from anymore. So I'm jamming the river, especially after his river check, cause for me that's an indication he doesn't have a nuts type hand like 55 + you've got $7.90 behind in a $10.22 pot. I'm quite sure the few extra calls (if any) you're getting by making it $4.00 doesn't outweigh the value you're loosing from other hands by not making it $7.90.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      just ship the turn.
      its as simple as not wanting another card.

P.s nice signature. ^^^
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      Your flop call is fine. The flop isn't super drawy so flatting is fine. You've got another player behind which you prefer to get another call from imo + you don't want the donkbetter to fold Qx kind of hands.

The turn card is a blank pretty much, so again I'm flat calling. No reason to push bluffs or even Qx out of the hand.

The river is a really good card for us cause we also beat QT now, a hand I can easily see him play like this and he probably won't be able to get away from anymore. So I'm jamming the river, especially after his river check, cause for me that's an indication he doesn't have a nuts type hand like 55 + you've got $7.90 behind in a $10.22 pot. I'm quite sure the few extra calls (if any) you're getting by making it $4.00 doesn't outweigh the value you're loosing from other hands by not making it $7.90.
      Overall, this. If he's bluffing on the flop you want him to continue and usually the hands he's check/calling the river with as played won't mind the difference between a small bet and a shove too much, I doubt he's ever folding Qx.

I tend to agree with justkyle88 for that very reason tho, basically once he donks 3/4 for two streets I think he has a hand he wants to go with more often than not and we have no guarantee he'll fire a third barrel with his bluffs on the river, so just trying to get the money in before an ugly river card comes in has merit.

Hope it helps.