UTG ($11.58)
      UTG+1 ($13.13)
      Hero ($15.09)
      BTN ($9.95)
      SB ($6.49)
      BB ($18.58)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is CO Q:club: K:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 1 fold, SB calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25

Flop: 6:heart: 2:spade: K:spade: ($1.05, 3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB folds, BB calls $0.70

Turn: 10:club: ($2.45, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

River: 6:spade: ($5.45, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Opp: 63/11/2.3 over 73 hands

Pre: Easy raise.

Flop: No doubt in cbetting with top pair, standart.

Turn: I still believe K should be good enough, so a bit more than 1/2 pot bet for value. Should I bet more here?

River: Flush came, 6x paired and as he's loose enough he could have 6x or flush. But he's aggressive on river, so now I think he would bet with flush or trips here and it may be possible for me to b/f like 3$ to get some value from worse hands, like lower Kx or pp.

Any other opinions?
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Standard is written with a d not a t :p

Flop c-bet is of course standard, we've got the best hand 90% of the time. You could make it $0.75-0.80 for extra value from flush draws and weaker kings.

Turn... we still have the best hand so we bet. But you should make it way bigger here imo. $2.0-2.2 or something.

River... it's close. The flush completing gives you a reason to check behind. On the other hand donks often like to donkbet the river when they complete their flush so we can't check behind. That's why I'm inclined to make another bet (around $3.0, maybe even $4.0) just because I'm confident we simply have the best hand and because we can get another valuebet out of weaker kings. The 6 pairing the board on the river is a good card for this, because it makes it less likely for him to have picked up two pair.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      Standard is written with a d not a t :p

Flop c-bet is of course standard, we've got the best hand 90% of the time. You could make it $0.75-0.80 for extra value from flush draws and weaker kings.

Turn... we still have the best hand so we bet. But you should make it way bigger here imo. $2.0-2.2 or something.

River... it's close. The flush completing gives you a reason to check behind. On the other hand donks often like to donkbet the river when they complete their flush so we can't check behind. That's why I'm inclined to make another bet (around $3.0, maybe even $4.0) just because I'm confident we simply have the best hand and because we can get another valuebet out of weaker kings. The 6 pairing the board on the river is a good card for this, because it makes it less likely for him to have picked up two pair.
      Sounds good.

River decision is an important milestone for your poker career and the only way you can go wrong is by not trusting your reads. It's okay to valuebet and get shoved on, it might just mean you were a bit off on your reads. It's less okay to believe you can valuebet then not do it. As for the decision itself, it's still nl10 and he's playing 63% of his hands, I'd say just make a healthy valuebet when in doubt and learn what you can from his response to it.

Hope it helps.