UTG ($15.05)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      Hero ($16.41)
      BTN ($9.57)
      SB ($11.96)
      BB ($4.90)

Pre-Flop: ($0.25, 6 players) Hero is CO K:spade: K:club:
      [UTG+1 posts $0.10]
      1 fold, UTG+1 checks, Hero raises to $0.45, BTN calls $0.45, SB raises to $0.80, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, BTN folds, SB calls $1.20

Flop: 10:diamond: 10:heart: 2:heart: ($4.65, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB raises to $6, Hero goes all-in $14.41, SB goes all-in $3.96

Turn: 5:diamond: ($24.57, 2 players, 2 all-in)

River: 4:spade: ($24.57, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Opp: 62/6/7.7/1.9 (vpip, pfr, 3bet pf, af), but only 34 hands

Pre: Pretty standart against fish, strange play, but all his 3bets came from SB, so maybe it's default for him.

Flop: On such a flop I can't see many made hands raising me, and as he's playing who knows how, I just put him on FD+overs or some other random crap.

Is it possible to make any other move here? Was thinking of checking flop to induce some action from him , but he's +/- passive and there's FD, so I'll better just play it straightforward. Kinda obvious play by me (4bet pre, bet huge such a flop), but I believe I shouldn't be worried against 62/6?

Any opinions?
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Standard play. I'm not folding my overpairs against such a fish with 1/5th of my stack already in there. If he shows up with Tx I'd probably break something but I don't think you should fold here because fish typically use these kind of boards to check/min-raise "for information" or because they think it's a good bluff spot because they want to make you believe they have the T.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say it's only 32 hands, he could very well turn out to be 70/1 or something with a min3betting range of { AA }, wouldn't put it past anyone to play it exactly like that, min3betting guys tend to call a lot against 4-bets with big hands, it's just a product of them not ever putting a lot of money in the pot by themselves.

From what I understand you already saw him min3bet from the SB before so I guess there is nothing you can do different. If you believe there is a decent chance he's bluffing there instead of just doing a "i have a pocket pair on a paired board you must have nothing" c/minraise/broke, maybe just call the flop minraise and let him shove the turn. I know it looks dumb from our point of view because we know it's a committing raise on his part, but you'll see aggro fish make the ugliest raise/folds for incredible odds sometimes and if we're ahead he's 2/3-outing.

Hope it helps.