Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($3.07)
      BTN ($18.32)
      Hero ($21.09)
      BB ($4.19)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) Hero is SB 9:spade: 8:club:
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: 9:heart: 4:heart: 8:diamond: ($0.20, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, BB calls $0.15

Turn: 10:diamond: ($0.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30

River: 4:spade: ($1.10, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $2.60, Hero folds

Opp: 58/0/0.9, but really few hands (12)

Not many questions about pre/flop/turn, but on river I think there's not many hands he would raise so huge, true? From my point of view he pulled it through with some 4x hand that made trips now or any other stuff that now boated delayed straight action.

Any opinions?
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Fold pre-flop... open completing is terrible, maybe with exception of hands like small pockets against this kind of station. 98o is just too bad to play oop against a station.

On the flop: pot bet for value from flush draws, straight draws, slowplayed overpairs, pure floats... etc.

Turn: pot bet, same reason + value from draws that have picked up a pir with the Ten.

River: check/fold I think. This is such a shit spot but this river card made sure we're now loosing vs Tx, overpairs, he might have made the nuts straight on the turn to by chasing a gutshot on the flop (QJ). And this is the exact reason why 98o just sucks :p, even when you hit two pair you're never super happy on further streets cause a lot of bad cards can come off the deck.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      Fold pre-flop... open completing is terrible, maybe with exception of hands like small pockets against this kind of station. 98o is just too bad to play oop against a station.

On the flop: pot bet for value from flush draws, straight draws, slowplayed overpairs, pure floats... etc.

Turn: pot bet, same reason + value from draws that have picked up a pir with the Ten.

River: check/fold I think. This is such a shit spot but this river card made sure we're now loosing vs Tx, overpairs, he might have made the nuts straight on the turn to by chasing a gutshot on the flop (QJ). And this is the exact reason why 98o just sucks :p, even when you hit two pair you're never super happy on further streets cause a lot of bad cards can come off the deck.
      I'd fold preflop as well, but not because I think completing is bad in general. The fact is he's obviously a fish and he's somewhat shortstacked, still hands like 98o can make decent pairs that you can valuebet against the right sort of player and taking this opportunity to get some money from the fish / get some history of trying to push him around is never bad if you can control yourself not to take it too far. Mostly I'd fold because 12 hands isn't enough to ascertain how aggressive he is and you can't play that hand profitably if he happens to be aggressive or very stationy postflop. I'd take anything remotely playable (read suited / highcarded) and get in there tho.

Mtslc is dead-right on flop/turn play as he tends to be. If you get raised on the turn frankly i've seen enough fish go nuts with anything resembling a combodraw on the turn to not fold ever.

River is one of the reasons I wouldn't get in there in the first place, you have no idea whether he's capable of bluffing there after all you made it somewhat small. I don't really mind calling because he could certainly show up with a bunch of busted heart draws, but as a default I'd probably fold as well. It's just very easy after taking a freeplay to show up with a random 4x hand and we don't know that he ever bluffs yet.

Hope it helps.