First three days ...

• zibbygt
      zibbygt
      Bronze
      So its like that ...

I got my 50$ and I am doing fine... I was playing poker for about 1 year on FL. But FL was not fiting me well since I was always on the same amount as I deposited. Eventualy I find out this page so I sad I will give it a try once again ... but this time NL. I was playing some SNGs and real tournaments (NL) at the time so I got some experiences from NL. And I readed strategy for NL and I give it a try on SSS. And I doing perfect ... so my diary

Day 1: 1 tabling I was doing fine but I was extremly bored since I stick hard to SHC and then on the end of day I came up with about 10$ profit of somethin about 3h playing.
      Day 2: 4 tabling for about 3 hours or so and end up with 10$ profit. Then later in evening I went playing again and again fine and nice.
      Day 3: 6 tabling for about 4 hours or so and end up with 10$ profit. I realised that 6 tables is a litlle to much for me so I will stay on 4 for now in the evening when I am not concentrated on 2.
      Day 4: Again as d1,d2,d3 I am on about 90$ and earned 110 partypoints.

Whats my fear: I think its just to good to be truth ... Maybe I finaly found my way in poker since I am strugling with low limits for a long time ... Maybe is just "upswing". I know I am doing some mistakes but I am trying to stick as much as I can to the strategy. I just want to ask if its that usual that "new" NL player gets that much money in just 4 days ... whats your experience with starting on NL ?
  • 7 replies
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      It can vary alot from player to player. You are most likely having an upsving at the moment, and you should expect to have some sessions where you end up losing a little. But if you just stick to the strategy as much as possible you should be able to grow your bankroll nice and easy :)
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Short stacking NL10? That 's going to be around 4-7 PTBB/100, not knowing the actual hand count, which is probably a bit of an upswing but NL10 isn't that tricky; 5BB/100 short stacking might be perfectly reasonable.

SSS in the micros is fairly easy money if you can take the frustration and variance, your result isn't really too abnormal.
    • zibbygt
      zibbygt
      Bronze
      Todays was ok to at the beggining when at some point I end up on 100$ but now after 3 hours I ended on 90$ :) I got 200 points now :D

So 600 more for bonus and new limits :D
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Well done zibbygt!

Hope you keep on track! ;) Don't forget to post some of your hands in our sample hand board. This way you can improve your game a lot because you are getting advice from other players.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • zibbygt
      zibbygt
      Bronze
      110$ and end for today ... I am on 281 partypoints but I am diamond on pp so Its all multiplied by two or something. Doing realy great ... From one side of view I am happy from second side I am a litlle wory I am doing to well. We will see how will I be going on higher limit, but 40$ needed for that :D
    • blackstone1
      blackstone1
      Bronze
      i guess your lucky cause i play strict sss strategy, and at first i was breaking even really. Then i got all my hands cracked and went down to 25$. I came next day n next day n next day played excatly the same and i reached again 56$ (i won almost every hand) which was my top money now 6$ in + , and i was nearing to 800 points. Then yesterday it was total disaster again as i lost every hand so im back down to 35$ and today I just took a little break. Its a bit sick you see playing your best game and loosing either to underdogs or you get unlucky and ran into couple of better hands, or you dont get action :)

So im waiting actually now for party to release their bonus cause this is scary waters again to loose all your bankroll if another bad session like this happens. But i guess tomorrow i will definetly check for around 3-4 stacks, if ill go down ill simply stop again, and come next day.

One thing i noticed at my friend I refered he played like 2 hours (same sss) just like me and he made like 17$ profit in 2 hours. I even watched him play and gave him some advices, and all his good hands hold up and he got paid on all hands and lost like two stacks only. So basically he had 15 party points and 17$ profit > and me -15$ and 810 points lolz (maybe im cursed...hihi). ( i didnt see him for awhile so i dunno how is he doing now).

So i hope i beat this downswing and start making cash and get more zibby luck you got. wish me luck
    • zibbygt
      zibbygt
      Bronze
      Well its like that:

I stop playing when I lost 5 buyins one after another (thats 10$) and try some more later ...

I wish you skill ;)