Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      MP2:
      $5,05
      MP3:
      $1,58

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.80 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , Q:spade:
      MP2 calls $0,02, MP3 raises to $0,16, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,24.

Flop: ($0,84) 5:spade: , 3:club: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,56, MP3 raises to $1,18 (All-In), Hero calls $0,62.

Turn: ($3,20) 9:club:
      River: ($3,20) T:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,20

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows three-of-a-kind, threes (3s 3h)
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qd Qs)

MP3 wins with three-of-a-kind, threes (3s 3h)

Questions:

1) What should i see from stats?

2) What range should I expect?

a) after pre-flop call
      b) After 2-bet on flop

3) Are actions ok?

a) pre-flop 3-bet
      b) flop continuation bet
      c) flop 2-bet call

My thoughts:

1) MP3 seems to be lose-passive maybe, but there is not enough hands to be sure.

2.a) MP3: TT+, ATs+, AQo+, KQ - I do not expect lover pairs to call big raise or maybe I should
      2.b) MP3: 33, 55, 66+ AK

3.a) His 2-bet is large, but 3-bet is aligned with SHC.
      3.b) I'm betting for value and protection
      3.c) If bet and ranges are Ok than it's +EV to call.

• 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      The only part about this hand you missed played is your 3bet size. You're in the SB, out of position against the MP3 player so you should make your 3bet size around 3.5x the MP3 players raise size (~$0.56)

In this case the pot on the flop would be $1.16 with him having $1.02 behind if he would've called such a big 3bet pre-flop and then you just put him AI straight away.

As played pre-flop, the hand is fine post flop... you've got a big overpair on a 6 high flop vs a fish with 1/4th of your effective stack already in the middle. Easy stack-off.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      The only part about this hand you missed played is your 3bet size. You're in the SB, out of position against the MP3 player so you should make your 3bet size around 3.5x the MP3 players raise size (~$0.56)

In this case the pot on the flop would be $1.16 with him having $1.02 behind if he would've called such a big 3bet pre-flop and then you just put him AI straight away.

As played pre-flop, the hand is fine post flop... you've got a big overpair on a 6 high flop vs a fish with 1/4th of your effective stack already in the middle. Easy stack-off.
      This.

Just look at it this way if it helps: that guy is never raise/folding any pocket pair and I very much doubt he's folding any of them on that flop either, which means on that board he has for sure:

- 3*3=9 combos of sets (55/33/66)
      - maybe some combos of KK+ if for some reason he didn't shove preflop let's give him half 2*6/2=6 combos
      - 5*6=30 combos of lower overpairs 77-JJ
      - combo'ed 22/44 hands (12 combos) that you're still ahead of

If you stop at that you can already see there are far more combos of hands that you beat than of hands that you lose to, making it an easy value stack-off even without dead money in the middle, so with dead money in the pot it's a pure no-brainer. On top of that he can also show up with:

- random low one pair hands that you beat
      - random whiffed overcards he might not even fold postflop

Hope it helps.
    • mrSarski
      mrSarski
      Bronze
      Thanks, I'm learning :)