[NL2-NL10] should i have shoved on the flop?

• clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      Hey guys...im not a great poker player yet....still playin at micro stakes:) but im slowly getting better(atleast thats wat my ptr rating says:) )

Anyway i just played an interesting hand and even though i wouldve lost if i had shoved on the flop i just wanted to know if it was the right play. thanks
      Sorry if its a stupid question im just a beginner:)

PokerStars Game #44943929094: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2010/06/01 22:57:48 ET
      Table 'Alkeste V' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
      Seat 1: clawindsouza ($1.21 in chips)
      Seat 2: TiburonRojoG ($4.67 in chips)
      Seat 3: SAXD ($5.57 in chips)
      Seat 4: dearsergio ($3.07 in chips)
      Seat 5: antonio2904 ($2.29 in chips)
      Seat 6: kabe_1112 ($2.98 in chips)
      Seat 8: juanlulu33 ($0.50 in chips)
      Seat 9: radicalrick7 ($1.60 in chips)
      kabe_1112: posts small blind $0.01
      juanlulu33: posts big blind $0.02

*** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to clawindsouza [Ac Kc]
      radicalrick7: calls $0.02
      clawindsouza: raises $0.08 to $0.10
      TiburonRojoG: folds
      SAXD: folds
      dearsergio: folds
      antonio2904: calls $0.10
      kabe_1112: folds
      juanlulu33: calls $0.08
      radicalrick7: calls $0.08

*** FLOP *** [7d Tc 7c]
      juanlulu33: bets $0.40 and is all-in
      radicalrick7: calls $0.40
      clawindsouza: calls $0.40
      antonio2904: folds

*** TURN *** [7d Tc 7c] [6c]
      radicalrick7: checks
      clawindsouza: bets $0.71 and is all-in
      radicalrick7: calls $0.71

*** RIVER *** [7d Tc 7c 6c] [9d]

*** SHOW DOWN ***
      radicalrick7: shows [7h 6h] (a full house, Sevens full of Sixes)
      clawindsouza: shows [Ac Kc] (a flush, Ace high)
      radicalrick7 collected $1.37 from side pot
      juanlulu33: shows [5c Th] (two pair, Tens and Sevens)
      radicalrick7 collected $1.56 from main pot
      juanlulu33 leaves the table
  • 4 replies
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      The raise preflop is of course standard...

On the flop there is a shove of 40 cents and a call. I would actually put the money all in here. There is a good chance that neither of them has a 7 which would give you two overcards + the nut flush draw as outs. This would give you 15 outs making you slightly above 50% to win a 3 way pot. Even if you are wrong and one of them does have the 7 then you still have 8 outs to the flush giving you about a 25% chance to win.

I am not so sure I like the call on the flop though. About 2/3 of the time you will not hit the turn and then will be forced to fold or make an ugly call.
    • Timo
      Timo
      Bronze
      Hey clawindsouza,

welcome to the PokerStrategy.com forums! Unfortunately this is the wrong forum. This forum is for feedback concerning the content that is offered by PokerStrategy.com.

in order to get your hands evaluated, you have to post it into our sample hands forum. The professional handjudges of PokerStrategy.com are happy to help you there. Also you have to make sure that you convert the hand correctly, this makes it a lot easier for the handjudges to evaluate your hand.

You should probably have a look at this this sticky, it contains all the information on how to post a sample hand.

I moved this thread into the No Limit BSS Bronze Forum for you.

Regards,
      Timo
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Jam the flop... you're ahead against Tx and other pairs (around 53%). The only hand you're behind against is 7x... + villain might call AI with lesser flush draws to.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Rebuy to 100bb. Then this:

Originally posted by noclaninator
      The raise preflop is of course standard...

On the flop there is a shove of 40 cents and a call. I would actually put the money all in here. There is a good chance that neither of them has a 7 which would give you two overcards + the nut flush draw as outs. This would give you 15 outs making you slightly above 50% to win a 3 way pot. Even if you are wrong and one of them does have the 7 then you still have 8 outs to the flush giving you about a 25% chance to win.

I am not so sure I like the call on the flop though. About 2/3 of the time you will not hit the turn and then will be forced to fold or make an ugly call.
      You're pretty much priced in to call it all off even on a blank turn and you're never in horrible shape, it's just better to get it over with on the flop even if you're often has absolutely no fold equity against radicalrick7. You'll never get away against better hands anyway, so you should just focus on making sure you stack any and all worse hands in the process. Just imagine he has like 89 or clubs, you're ahead on the flop but might not get all his money if you don't put it in before the draws miss.

Hope it helps.