Anyone read Baluga Whale's "Easy Game" vol 1 & 2 yet?

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      these e-books have a hefty price tag currently, costing $300 for vol 1 and $800 for vol 2. has anyone read it yet?

I'm fortunate enough to have a loan of my friend's kindle, and he has vol 1 on it, so i'm working through it currently. I haven't noticed anything ground breaking so far, but it did give some nice info on the mistakes people make post flop when deciding to check, cbet, or check-raise when dealing with diff boards which I didn't really think so much about.

Its written similar to a conversation or a coaching session ( no surprise I guess since he does such things). so its nice and easy to understand.

I'm guessing a few of the higher stakes regs must have read it. opinions plz?
  • 19 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I love how he's capable of putting his thought process into words in such manner that even fourth grader would understand. Must read for all beginners imo.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      3 best e-books:
      1) Poker Blueprint (very applicable to micro)
      2) Easy Game (applicable to all)
      3) Let There Be Range (only applicable to NL400+)

rest aren't anywhere as close as these 3. Vol 2 is a must-get but not worth 800$.
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      I've read Vol. 1 but didn't finish Vol.2 yet (stopped a couple of months ago because I got a bit lazy).

In Vol.1 he talks about simple concepts but I realised that they were very solid and it shows there was much thought put into making it easy to understand. In fact most of what BalugaWhale explains there one could say "Yeah I knew that". But many if things, although thinking that you know you aren't fully aware. What he does is rationalizing some things players do unconsciously. For instance the reasons why to bet and the reasons when to check on showdown theory are some of the most simple but yet extremely solid fundamentals in thinking poker.
      I thought it was a very good read mainly for micro-small stakes players.

Vol.2 isn't that much groundbreaking as well but it's more advanced. He explains things very clearly like a coaching session. And after each chapter you feel a good understanding of his ideas. He's topics include advanced showdown theory, deepstack play, dead money (again), squeezing, playing vs shortstackers (not very useful to me since I avoid them like hell :D ), etc.
      It was very informative but I like that it makes you think more about things that I wasn't aware or conscient about.

Is it worth the price? Well most of these new school poker books are very expensive and although many of them are very good I don't think in general they are worth the price. Mainly because I play microstakes. But one thing I can tell you, these 2 books are better for micro-small stakes and I found them more helpful where I stand than "Let there be range" or Bobbofitos bible.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      How is someone who plays microstakes supposed to afford a $300 book ?( If it costs that much they'd have to teach me how to make every reg at the micro's cry when they see met at their table T_T
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      nearly finished volume 1. am enjoying it. vol 2 to come soon :) .
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      I read the Poker Blueprint from Tri but thats mostly for 6max I want to read something thats applicable into FR games, I will read now Eeasy game Vol1 and 2!
    • JORDAN1234
      JORDAN1234
      Basic
      <no advertising please, especially not illegal copies>

Ribbo
    • EilatOne
      EilatOne
      Bronze
      can anyone tell me where those books can be bought or where they are advertised? is there an official website? somehow i can't find anything but talk about those books ...
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      great books, i have vol 1 & 2, didn't read 2 yet though, also watched nearly all of his video series', he has really good thought process imo
    • fabioganso
      fabioganso
      Bronze
      Hi jack its about the baluga book,
      ***EDITED BY justkyle88***

Please use community area to talk if you wish but please do not advertise illegal copies of books.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      How is someone who plays microstakes supposed to afford a $300 book ?( If it costs that much they'd have to teach me how to make every reg at the micro's cry when they see met at their table T_T
      microstakes is up to NL50 ;)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      I love how he's capable of putting his thought process into words in such manner that even fourth grader would understand. Must read for all beginners imo.
      I've changed my mind and now his ramblings makes me puke
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Care to elaborate?
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      ya 300 bucks is a good day for nl50
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kenthmp
      Care to elaborate?
      I have a fourth grader at home. Maybe I should get him to read it and see how he gets on. May make him puke though.
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Still not getting it... I'm a :f_biggrin: , I know.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Care to elaborate?
      The book is still solid for beginners but all he does all the time is talk about same concepts over and over again in his videos so if you wanna save up some money, just watch few of his vids and you'll know same stuff.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      Care to elaborate?
      I have a fourth grader at home. Maybe I should get him to read it and see how he gets on. May make him puke though.
      Or... Or... Maybe he'll start owning you at poker! :s_biggrin:
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      Care to elaborate?
      Or... Or... Maybe he'll start owning you at poker! :s_biggrin:
      [img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtI2eD-xM8K88x3s03Yx467Qq3-_efFM5qE4dlixfF_EJaRrkf[/img]