SSS on PokerStars?

• strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      My friend and I are just getting ready for SSS in PokerStars, in the strategy it clearly states that you cannot SSS on a table with more than 2 short stackers but the tables where you can do SSS ie. buy in 20bb-50bb most of the players have short stack!

So how do you deal with this?
  • 7 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Not every shortstacker is a tight shortstacker. PokerStrategy needs to edit the clarification/definition in the articles itself

I myself play the 20-50bb tables as well so no worries

Good luck!

- Gerv
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      Ok got it, but it doesn't matter if there are another 4 players with the minimum buy in amount?
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      I have another doubt, in the chart it says to raise pre flop with AJ in late position, but if i get a re-raise it doesnt say if I should call or fold?

I am folding because I am supposed to go all in with tt-aa / ak but maybe I can call too, thats my next question!

Thanks in advance.
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by strosdegoz
      I have another doubt, in the chart it says to raise pre flop with AJ in late position, but if i get a re-raise it doesnt say if I should call or fold?

I am folding because I am supposed to go all in with tt-aa / ak but maybe I can call too, thats my next question!

Thanks in advance.
      As for your first question, it doesn't matter if there are 4 or 8 other people with the minimum buy in, you can only win 20 BB's, doesn't matter if they have 50 or 100 or 1000 BB's in their stack, you can only win what you have behind, so as long as they are not good SSS's themselves, it's profitable.

As for your other question regarding AJ, if you get reraised it's an easy fold, only once you get to higher levels and read more articles regarding steals and resteals and playing with stats will you know if calling or folding is the best option.

For now stick to what the charts and basic strategy says and you will be succesful.
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      I disagree with above poster. I don't care what any strategy article says. If you raise AJ from the button and get reraised, it is time to put the money all in. You give up too much if you don't. Besides, basic SSS isn't profitable on stars anyways. Basic SSS loses to the "fold everything except aces" strategy. Imo any strategy you are teaching beginners should not lose to the "fold everything except aces" strategy.
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noclaninator Besides, basic SSS is profitable on stars anyways.
      FYP
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies, that really helped a lot!
      Now my doubts are clear.

@noclaninator, I can play some poker but I don't consider myself good enough to start playing my own game without risking my money, thats why I decided to follow the experts and follow the SSS strategy any strategy will do for me as long as it works and raises my chances of winning, later on I will start to play my own game but for now I just want to build a bankroll the safest way possible, thanks for your post :)