This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH: AA, battle of the blinds, overpair

• Yuris125
      Yuris125
      Silver
      Good day,

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $11.15
      MP3:
      $4.59
      CO:
      $11.26
      BU:
      $9.85
      SB:
      $15.11

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A.
      3 folds, SB raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.8) Q, 4, 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.00, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.3.

No stats. The villain was playing several tables and seemed to be a solid TAG

Preflop: Preferred call over raise, because we were heads-up, and I didn't want to scare him off too early. In earlier hands, he regularly folded to 3bets when he attempted to steal. Also, my table image was rather aggressive, and I could hope to induce a bluff from him. What do you think about this?
      Flop: Obviously I'm betting. However, I'm not sure if it was right to re-raise after he raised. The board is dry, protection doesn't seem to be necessary, and I can hope his continues his aggression. On the other hand, if I just call, the pot is $3.80, and my stack is $9.25 -- there's no way to get it all in on the remaining streets. Do you think my play was good?

Thanks
      Yuri
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You could go either way preflop, if he's been folding to 3-bets a lot especially SBvsBB or BUvsBlinds he might get pissed at some point and that way you cooler him immediately by continuing the 3-betting game with your AA. If he's really playing many tables and apparently doesn't care much about adapting, flatting is fine.

Postflop I don't know why you're worried about getting the stacks in, with $3.80 in the pot and $9.25 behind you can just shove his turn bet or bet like $2.6 when checked to which leaves you with like ~$6.5 to shove into a $9 pot on most rivers. I almost always call on the flop in that spot with a large part of my range, including some complete floats and monster hands. Like you said the board is quite dry and given the SBvsBB situation there is a good chance he's just full of shit. If he's playing anything like that for value don't worry, he'll bet/call pretty much any turn anyway and you'll get the money in.

Hope it helps.
    • Yuris125
      Yuris125
      Silver
      Thanks a lot! I know I need to decrease my level of aggression :)