$4.59
      CO:
      $11.26
      BU:
      $9.85
      SB:
      $15.11

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A.
      3 folds, SB raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.8) Q, 4, 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.00, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.3.

No stats. The villain was playing several tables and seemed to be a solid TAG

Preflop: Preferred call over raise, because we were heads-up, and I didn't want to scare him off too early. In earlier hands, he regularly folded to 3bets when he attempted to steal. Also, my table image was rather aggressive, and I could hope to induce a bluff from him. What do you think about this?
      Flop: Obviously I'm betting. However, I'm not sure if it was right to re-raise after he raised. The board is dry, protection doesn't seem to be necessary, and I can hope his continues his aggression. On the other hand, if I just call, the pot is $3.80, and my stack is $9.25 -- there's no way to get it all in on the remaining streets. Do you think my play was good?

Thanks
      Yuri
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You could go either way preflop, if he's been folding to 3-bets a lot especially SBvsBB or BUvsBlinds he might get pissed at some point and that way you cooler him immediately by continuing the 3-betting game with your AA. If he's really playing many tables and apparently doesn't care much about adapting, flatting is fine.

Postflop I don't know why you're worried about getting the stacks in, with $3.80 in the pot and $9.25 behind you can just shove his turn bet or bet like $2.6 when checked to which leaves you with like ~$6.5 to shove into a $9 pot on most rivers. I almost always call on the flop in that spot with a large part of my range, including some complete floats and monster hands. Like you said the board is quite dry and given the SBvsBB situation there is a good chance he's just full of shit. If he's playing anything like that for value don't worry, he'll bet/call pretty much any turn anyway and you'll get the money in.

Hope it helps.
    • Yuris125
      Yuris125
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot! I know I need to decrease my level of aggression :)