$5.00
      UTG1:
      $3.88
      UTG2:
      $4.03
      MP1 (Hero):
      $5.22

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J, J.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.62) A, 6, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, MP3 calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.32) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP3 raises to $1.15, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.82.

The guy was playing really tight, since I sat on the table I never saw him playing a hand. The open raise is quite standard. The cold call on the flop was instant, so that got me a little bit confused. I put him on AK, KK, or even AA, cause with this tight play i think he is playing the top of his range.

I think now that i should have checked the turn and give up the hand.

What do you think guys?
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I would just cbet like 0.4$ and if called just c/f turn. If he's passive nit, imho it's useless to continue.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Duudalinja
      I would just cbet like 0.4$ and if called just c/f turn. If he's passive nit, imho it's useless to continue.
      ²
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say, I think both c-bet/folding and plain check/folding are fine options, since I don't expect such a player to bet worse than Ax when checked to and depending on whether he's fit-or-fold postflop he might dump everything to a c-bet on A-high boards so the value in betting is somewhat fuzzy in that case.

The point it seems you don't really have to worry about getting bluffed off the best hand at any point, so "turning you hand face-up" by not c-betting the flop isn't really something to be worried about, you can go with a plan like folding if he bets the flop and valuebetting any turn if he checks back, you're more likely to get looked up by worse than Ax on the turn.

Hope it helps.