[NL2-NL10] NL 10 bigpots with top pair

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $11,31
      Hero:
      $9,80

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:spade: , K:heart:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0,50, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,15) 2:club: , K:diamond: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0,60, MP3 raises to $2,30, Hero calls $1,70.

Turn: ($5,75) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $8,50, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $14,25

Seemed like he wanted to protect smt or just to put all his money in on the turn- easy conclusion he should have set. Not sure calling flop, because I only have top pear weak kicker, but seemed like he was on the draw or maybe had smt like KJ, KT. So smt I have to call his push on the turn, if he is aggressive player.

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $11,77
      BB:
      $2,43
      Hero:
      $9,75

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A:club: , K:spade:
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 5 folds, SB calls $0,35, BB calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,20) K:club: , J:club: , J:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0,70, SB calls $0,70, BB calls $0,70.

Turn: ($3,30) 4:club: (3 players)
      SB bets $1, BB folds, Hero calls $1,00.

River: ($5,30) 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $5,90, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $11,20

Bad, bad flop. I think that I can´t beat anything on the river and I should even fold, if he makes 1/2 pot size bet.
  • 2 replies
    • MMa7
      MMa7
      Bronze
      You should definately bet more on the flop. Anyway it's a good fold on the turn readless, I guess. Oh, you have a great kicker here.

About the second hand, you should have bet more on the flop as well and it's not even such a bad flop, since it gives you TPTK with BDNFD. You're beating loads of hands here, all PP's (unless he has aces), Kx. Turn card is a great card for you since it gives you the draw to the nut flush, might even raise his bet sometimes here. Obvious call if he fires 1/2 pot on the river and on this limit I might even call his pot bet, just to make a note on him. Although I think that he has a flush more often than a jack here.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kaitz20!

Hand 1) bet $1 on the flop and call that raise (because he could raise with a flush draw). On the turn you have an easy fold.

Hand 2) I think the bet size is ok because any J beats you and you are either way ahead or way behind. On the turn you have to call the small bet because you have the nut flush draw. On the river it's an easy fold after he bets that big. But even a half pot size bet would be a fold imo because he showed strength on every street.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81