This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Strategy Points Question

• timbakt00
      timbakt00
      Bronze
      want to clarify something so please correct if wrong

10$ rake = 20 Strategy Points
      10$ rake = 10 FTPs

but the FTP my ironman page shows is around 3 times the strategy points that i am getting, whereas it should be around half.

can any1 please explain?

and really sorry if im asking a really stupid question :P
  • 4 replies
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Hey timbakt00
      You get 7 fulltilt points per $ you rake in sngs and tourneys. I don't know with cash game - But think its something similar.

- Lindberg789
    • timbakt00
      timbakt00
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lindberg789
      Hey timbakt00
      You get 7 fulltilt points per $ you rake in sngs and tourneys. I don't know with cash game - But think its something similar.

- Lindberg789

according to Full Tilt Page you get 1 FTP per 1$ in rake

can any1 please explain the discrepancy?
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Earning Points

Start earning Full Tilt Points by playing in any qualifying raked real-money hand in a ring game or a real-money Multi-Table Tournament or Sit & Go with a tournament fee:

* Ring Games: For each dollar raked from a pot, every player who was dealt cards for that hand will receive 1 Full Tilt Point. For example, if $2.00 in rake is taken from a pot, each player who was dealt cards will receive 2 points. Fractional points are also awarded; if $2.25 in rake is taken, players will receive 2.25 points. A maximum of 3 points can be earned per hand.

* Tournaments: For every dollar paid in Multi-Table Tournament or Sit & Go fees, you'll receive 7 Full Tilt Points. There is no limit to the number of points you can earn per tournament. For example, if you play in a tournament with a $10 buy-in and a $1 tournament fee, you'll receive 7 points; if you play in a tournament with a $200 buy-in and a $16 tournament fee, you'll receive 112 points.

Please note: Points are credited at the end of a hand or when the tournament finishes.

Taken from their website.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      That is because for a cash game if there is 5 people at the table and FT takes $1 rake. They actually count $0.20 from each player. For a tournament the tournament fee is for each person.