This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL100 AK on a paired board after squeeze

• radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Party Poker $100 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 736539
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $116.65
      MP: $109.65
      CO: $100.00
      BTN: $83.73
      Hero (SB): $100.00
      BB: $290.44

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with K :diamond: A :club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $3, CO calls $3, BTN calls $3, Hero raises to $16, 2 folds, CO calls $13, 1 fold

Flop: ($39.00) 9 :heart: 7 :club: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($39.00) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $25, Hero raises to $84 all in, CO folds

CO is 11/11/13/inf (vpip/pfr/3bet/af) over just 19 hands.

He won't fold any pocket on the flop I think, I just get him to fold AQ. So my plan is to c/r all three streets to make him fold some pockets like 88, maybe TT and get a bet form a worse hand.

I squeeze 3 players from a SB so I probably have a legitemate hand and he should know that. I want to maximize my perceived hand strength with check/shove and give myself a chance to draw out on him by maybe getting some free cards.
  • 3 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hey radyan, do you think he folds and overpair on a 3 bet pot? I'm not really sure about it, but I think very few players would.

I like checking the flop, villain's so tight that we can probably assume that he's got 99-JJ and AQ there. So you don't have much FE on this board, and as you said, you get the chance of seeing a free card. But I'd probably go for a ch/f on that turn, even though sometimes we'll be folding the best hand to AQ.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Hey radyan, do you think he folds and overpair on a 3 bet pot? I'm not really sure about it, but I think very few players would.
      I think he's able to that. 3 reasons:

1. I basicaly represent AA-JJ or stronger with my line (or that was my intention)
      2. He's tight and he's able to fold a strong hand (just my feeling, not a read)
      3. I guess he would 3bet JJ preflop often so the only overpair in his range is TT IMO.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      it is interesting line and you likely have there fold equity.
      I think players would not b/f there TT/JJ. Maybe some lower pp-s.
      I try to think if there are some other lines that you can take, like 1/3 on the flop, 1/3 on the turn and shove river.
      Anyway nh. I think you don´t have to do that every time and might just b/f flop and c/f turn, but sometimes it is good to mix it up