$6.21
      CO:
      $9.70
      BU (Hero):
      $10.30
      SB:
      $9.75

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8, 8.
      MP3 calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.45, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1.15) 8, 5, 9 (2 players)
      CO bets $0.95, Hero calls $0.95.

Turn: ($3.05) 7 (2 players)
      CO bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

River: ($5.25) Q (2 players)
      CO bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $9.25.
      Results follow:

17/12/2.3 232hands

prf: i dont 3bet here becouse he thing range

flops: i thinks 3bete/shove is the best option here.

Turn: cryisng cards becouse i thinks if i rasie here he folds overpiars and calls only str8, maybe big draws or AA but i thiks calls is better.

River: ehhh what he vb here???? str8 or QQ ?????
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree about the flop raise/jam as a first choice.

Your turn assessment is fair but at the same time I can't really see a 17/12/2.3 isolate the fish with many 6x/JT hands and his big flop bet / small turn bet line really doesn't look like he has those, more likely he has some kind of scared overpair and it's up to you to decide whether you think he'll fold it to raise or not. Some tight players are just tight preflop and still can't let go of an overpair at microstakes. If you think he'll fold it and he'll check/fold the river if you can then you gain nothing by just calling, but if you think he'll check/call the river for the hell of it then your line is fine.

On the river it's the same kind of small, blockbet looking play by villain. I agree that his pure value range for valuebetting there will be huge, but you'll often encounter players that are afraid of check/folding and will make such plays with KK+. Don't think you can ever fold and if you don't believe he'd have called a turn raise he probably won't call a river jam without a huge hand either so I guess calling makes sense.

Hope it helps.