Software Update

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      So finally, after expectantly waiting for the last 2 months the software update has arrived and .....

Its even worse than before! The biggest difference seems to be the change in the background colour from a soft green to something between a washed out dark blue/grey and black. This has made it more difficult for me to see the action on the tables and to see those still left in the hand.

All the main issues I had previously, that I was assured would be addressd in the update, still remain - so what was the point???

Anybody else feel the effort was wasted?
  • 4 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      They made this change time ago not now.

And i must say that i dont have much to complain.

I am used to it and it is not so bad.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      I used to play 10K+ hands per week on 888 but having gotten a full time job a couple of months ago I now only play 2-3 evenings a week and then only for 2 hours or so.

My software only decided to update when I logged in on the 2nd June so the changes are new to me and as I said most of the issues I saw discussed on this forum and others seem to have remained. There is now an auto rebuy option on cash tables but as I only play 4-5 tables at a time now that means little to me.

The background is now far worse than before IMHO as I now find it difficult to see opponents stack sizes and sometimes to know at a glance how many players are left in a hand (I may be wrong but their cards seem to have shrunk somewhat).

I still have to click twice when I want to wait for the bb before joining a table (this has led to many "mis-clicks" when multi-tabling in the past and is something that was supposed to be fixed with the update).

There are many "small" issues like these that have prompted me to look for another site. I waited patiently for the update in the hope that the "improvements" would be as good as promised but having been dissapointed I have moved most of my roll off 888 and will probably start on another site next week.

As I have said, all this is just my opinion and I know that my opinion seems to go against the majority a lot of the time (I still hate PokerStars software and find it very difficult to use). I was just wondering if anybody else out there was as dissapointed in any way by the update as I was .
    • crowes
      crowes
      Bronze
      I am! Every time, after they do update, need to try ten or more times to log in and some days I cant login at all. Only help from their support is : uninstall softwer and than instal it again. Do that several times and doesnt help, so i gave up and move my bankroll from there.
      And u r right, except background colour everything ellse is the same or even worse.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Pacmod ftw :P