ABE FTW!!!
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      England is drawing dead
    • Tommino
      Tommino
      Bronze
      Slovakia will be the "black horse" and suckout everybody :)
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tommino
      Slovakia will be the "black horse" and suckout everybody :)

I'm not sure about that :f_biggrin:
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      North Korea, the land where football watches you.
    • Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Bronze
      I would like to see a Spain V Argentina final, Argies FTW!

Spain are favorites to win, and rightly so IMO.

I just have a feeling the Argies are going to do well, there squad has a real good look about it, with a good experienced defence and some real exciting attackers like Messi and Aguero. Have a feeling that Seba Veron is going to be real key for them, he may have failed in England, but he has been back to his best in Argentina, and at 35 this has to be his final World Cup.

Odds on the Argies appear to be dropping, so get your bets on quick!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      So many injuries occuring, the situation is changing all the time.

Going to be fascinating to watch.

Bart
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      greece will go for another miracle !( prolly not ) :D
    • Cerberus08
      Cerberus08
      Bronze
      Totally England or Spain, I hope Holland does well, they're allways fun to watch
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      England, Spain and Brazil are clearly hot favorites, but I think Serbia will also do well. I'm not so sure about Argentina. I give them quarter-finals at most. Portugal, Germany, Holland or Uruguay are also up there imo.
    • freelancerpoker
      freelancerpoker
      Basic
      Brazil forever!!!!!
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Serbia FTW! :D England beware in round 1/8 :s_evil: also i placed a nice bet at my local betting office, I bet that Argentina will win all three group games by a three goal margin and the coefficient is 121, pretty good odds imo :D cant wait till the World Cup starts!!!
    • RottPete
      RottPete
      Bronze
      Come on England! ;)
    • FaulV16ke
      FaulV16ke
      Bronze
      Is someone going to make some big sport bet during the WC?
      I'm considering withdrawing some money from poker and "investing" it into a really big bet :s_cool: . Does anybody have plans for making it in a big way?:D
    • reres88
      reres88
      Bronze
      Slovakia :)
    • zhorzh
      zhorzh
      Bronze
      You can not ever rule out Brazil and Argentina, but I think that their biggest problem are not the players but the coaches.
      I just cant ever picture Dunga and Maradona going all the way, just look at their problems in qualifiers.

Spain on the other hand are just sooooo strong in every position, coach included. I think I read somewhere they haven't lost in their last 48 games!!!!
      Out of those 48 they won 44!!!!!
      And sincerely after watching them tore a new a**hole in Poland defence in yesterday's 6-0 win, I can not see any more clear favourites to win other than Spain.

Holland are on a high, but they have a bad draw after the group stage so max 1/4 finals for them.

England are England, if the world cup had not been played on their home soil back in '66 they probably would have never have won the world cup lol. This squad will come to 1/2 at best IMO.

Italy has the worst squad in their recent history so : early exit for them
      (although they always manage to scrape through :)

Germany has too few flair players and if they lose Schweinsteiger I can not see them going further than 1/8 .

There are also some good teams that could cause an upset, namely Serbia, Portugal and Mexico, but it's a gamble to bet on any of those. Loose a few players through injury and it is not the same team anymore.

So, I say Argentina-Spain the finals with Spain emerging as winners.
      Third place play-off: Brazil- England/Portugal, with Brazil just clinching third.

My 5c.
    • ThePikey
      ThePikey
      Bronze
      "England are England, if the world cup had not been played on their home soil back in '66 they probably would have never have won the world cup lol. This squad will come to 1/2 at best IMO."

That's true England have problems performing as expected when it comes to the WC and EC, but so did Spain a couple of years ago.... And they are now the team to beat, as clear cut favourites.

England, however has something they haven't had for a long time. A brilliant manager who seems to win everything he enters.
      I have England at the top of my board. They have the team and the manager to beat Spain. Only problem is if they enter a penalty shoot-out they will lose. They are absolutely abysmal at this dicipline.

I am Danish by the way, so I am rooting for Denmark!!!!!

Go DK all the way!!!!!
    • iku05121
      iku05121
      Bronze
      this is englands best shot since 66 for one reason, fabio capello. they are nowhere near the best team, but a top class manager often bridges that gap. spain are the best team by a mile, and that will remain my opinion even if they dont win it! for example, barcelona are still the best team in europe, but inter also had good players and a better manager who used them effectively.
      i can see spain being knocked out by any other top team, as long as they are willing to go completely defensive, defend deep and flood the midfield. any team who has ever knocked barcelona out of europe in the last 5 years has played this exact way.
      but heres hoping spain win it, because they are the best team and play the game the right way
    • SirPaulius
      SirPaulius
      Bronze
      SPAIN !