Loose Aggressive style

• rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      Ive been trying to play it for a week with some good effects first on NL5 now NL10. It works with small number of opponents only (the less the better) so when there's more than 5 I switch to TAG. Maybe got lucky but it seems to be very effective and to give higher winrate than TAG. It needs a lot more attention at the table, it's a lot easier to make a mistake. What do u think about LAG style?
  • 3 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      I think you need quite a big bankroll to play LAG because its a lot more swingy than TAG. I also believe that a good LAG player can probably have a higher winrate than a good TAG , but it is a lot more difficult to be a good LAG.
      I dont think its that good to play LAG on such low limits because you need to have thinking opponents who are able to fold, for it to work.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi rubysilesia!

I also think that you need a bigger bankroll and of course a lot of experience and understanding of the game itself if you want to play LAG style. I also think that it doesn't work on the micro limits because you need thinking opponents like howard182 already mentioned. But keep us informed about your experiment!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      I play it on one table with 3 or 4 TAG tables so its just kind of exercise for me (got about 250$ so I can experiment for 10$). I need one or two medium hands two show them that Im not kidding. Sooner or later (usually sooner coz i see many flops with many different hands) I got really strong hand and stack one of them. After that I get better fold equity and kind of domination on the table. It requires some time and chip investment but pays off. I saw this video on utube:
      http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeeozbb2_FQ
      It's short and leaves many questions (not to mention bad acting) but gives an overview.