$7.30
      BB:
      $16.05
      CO (Hero):
      $10.45
      BU:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, A.
      Hero raises to $0.30, BU calls $0.30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.75) 2, 9, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BU raises to $1.30, Hero calls $0.90.

Turn: ($3.35) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.90, BU raises to $3.80, Hero raises to $8.85, BU calls $4.60.

River: ($20.6) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.6.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, nines(9d As).
      BU shows a full-house, twos full of nines(2s 2c).

BU wins with a full-house, twos full of nines(2s 2c).

what would you do here? i thought that i beat a weaker 9 and i could push on the turn.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say, depends on the player. If he's a fish/tight reg/tricky-trappy guy I'd just 3-bet and get it in, you'll see people flat AA preflop and raise/jam the flop, everybody is going broke with worse trips, some players will felt any heart draws they raised with or even random pocket pairs for the suspicious/aggro fish that just don't believe you.

If he's a somewhat tough reg (assuming you find some at nl10 which is doubtful but the level of play is increasing constantly), it's somewhat more likely that he just called preflop with a super-wide range and this looks like a decent flop to bluff-raise with anything, so I'd probably try and look weak (take forever or snap call it it's your decision) then call the raise and check/jam the turn hoping he fires again.

Cooler for you as played, even the nittiest of nits will play worse trips like that putting you on an overpair.

Hope it helps.