Cash games, SNGs or MTTs?

Bronze
      So I've decided I want to become a serious successful poker player. I know it's gonna take some effort and dedication but I'm ready for it. I've been doing well playing both SSS and BSS and have built a solid bankroll of 300$.

I've been thinking about my future poker career and I've stumbled upon a question - which is the best and most profitable way of playing poker to make a lot of money - cash games, SNGs or MTTs? I personally am rather fond of the idea of making a lot at the final table of a big tournament, but I'm not sure it's not a myth that it is a good way of becoming rich.
  • 2 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Basicaly just do whatever you like most. Imo cash games or tournaments are really the only way to get as rich as on the level of top pro's like phil ivey.

I don't think many people will earn millions of dollars from playing sng's tbh.. Unless you'd be a very sick grinder and multitable alot.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Avatars91,

The best game to play will be the one that you enjoy playing the most.

If you decide on a format that you don't really enjoy then you are not going to put in the time and dedication that it will need to succeed at the higher levels.

You shouldn't really be thinking about making x amounts of money from a particular style. If you put in the time and dedication to improving your game then the monetary side will come with time but, in my opinion, the most important thing is spending time on learning the game first.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve