Should I get a poker software?

Bronze
      I want to become a winning and successful poker player and to do so I have to constantly improve myself and my game. Would you recommend getting a poker software like Holdem Manager so that I'm able to track my progress and most importantly have stats of the players playing against me? Is such a software useful only for cash games or for tournaments as well (tournaments are a bit more complicated for stats to work like they do in cash games, I think)?
  • 8 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Avatars91,

We have our tracking software available to members which is called Elephant.

The fully featured unlimited version of the software is available as a 21-day trial. After 21 days the software will continue to function, but with slightly limited features.

Once the trial has finished then you will need to collect 1,000 Lifetime SPs and you will then be able to get a Licence to access the full features of the software once again.

It will track cash games at the minute although the development team are currently in the process of implementing tracking for SnGs/Tournaments.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • wildfool
      wildfool
      Bronze
      I have the same question.

should i bother with a HUD when first starting out at NL2?
      I feel like i should be able to beat NL2 without any sort of software, and by relying on software i will limit the amount i learn.

i dont want to stunt my growth by using software when i would learn more without it.
    • DomenViBritannia
      DomenViBritannia
      Bronze
      Indeed, a software that tracks ones winnings would be needed.

Any of those free?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      We have our tracking software available to members which is called Elephant.

The fully featured unlimited version of the software is available as a 21-day trial. After 21 days the software will continue to function, but with slightly limited features.

Once the trial has finished then you will need to collect 1,000 Lifetime SPs and you will then be able to get a Licence to access the full features of the software once again.

It will track cash games at the minute although the development team are currently in the process of implementing tracking for SnGs/Tournaments.
    • DomenViBritannia
      DomenViBritannia
      Bronze
      Yeah I got this one, but there's no graph that I could notice..
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DomenViBritannia
      Yeah I got this one, but there's no graph that I could notice..
      If you click on the overview tab you will be able to see the graph.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • darkrum18
      darkrum18
      Bronze
      I tried elephant, it's good but I don't really trust it for some reason.

I like holdem indicator, i think its awesome but i cant afford it yet :(
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkrum18
      I tried elephant, it's good but I don't really trust it for some reason.

I like holdem indicator, i think its awesome but i cant afford it yet :(
      You are totally backwards there. Holdem Indicator is useless junk. At least Elephant gives you useful information.