Not clearing the FTP bonus?

• rogurrrr
      rogurrrr
      Bronze
      From the sticky:
      Originally posted by Chiller3k
      Full Tilt Poker:

On FTP you will receive 50$ starting capital with no inital bonus on top. You will however receive a 100% matching bonus (up to $600) on the first deposit of your own funds. The starting capital (& subsequent bonuses) are quite easy to clear.

The 50$ starting capital:

after you cleared the 50$ starting capital the 50$ are yours and you can withdraw them or continue to play and build up your bankroll further.

you need 1,000 Full Tilt Points (happy hour points don't count). You have 120 days to clear the starting capital.

The additional 100% matching bonus:
      The additional matching bonus is cleared at a rate of $0.06/Full Tilt Point. The bonus is usually released in small proportions of the total bonus. Full details via your Full Tilt Lobby>Cashier>Bonus Account.
      Hey, need a quick reply,

Does this mean if one doesn't clear the bonus of 1000 FTP, the starting capital is taken away from the account?

What happens if I don't achieve this bonus by 120 days?

And also, are there any other terms and conditions that must be cleared for the $50 capital? The post doesn't make it clear and I can't find it anywhere else on this site.

Thanks!
  • 12 replies
    • dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Bronze
      from what i understood after the 120 days they take the $50 starting capital out of your account or what's left of it, any profit you made during the 120 days is left in your account, i.e if you have $80 after 120 days but didn't clear the 1000 pts they will take the $50 back out still leaving you with $30. :)
    • rogurrrr
      rogurrrr
      Bronze
      :(

Can anybody confirm this?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Yes, dylboi011 is correct.

Actually just replied in the "how to clear" thread, but didn't realise you posted again.

Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Hi rogurrrr,

Yes that is correct. If you don't achieve the 1,000 standard ftp points within the time period, your starting capital or whats left of it can get removed.

In my own personal opinion however, this is one of the easiest targets to reach and you should have no problem at all as long as you play a little poker regularly.

Any profits you have made and any of your own funds deposited are not touched by the way, it's just the starting capital that is affected.

Best regards,

Bart
      Best regards,

Bart
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      God I hate it when sites take away starting capital. In other words, if you have $80 and there are 2 days left until $50 will be taken away from you, it is probably time to be thinking about playing all of your money on the highest variance thing you can think of. You would only be risking $80 - $50 = $30. If you played an $80 super turbo heads up tournament then you would be risking this $30 to win $160 - $50 = $110; effectively giving you about 3.7 to 1 on your money. This means even if you go all in with any 2 cards then it will be +ev to play this donkfest tournament when your money is about to expire. However, I think even a mediocre player should be able to get about 40% equity in these tournaments, which makes your odds even better.

I hate to tell you to ignore BRM and do something that will likely destroy your starting capital, but their stupid policy taking away the $50 if you haven't cleared it is ridiculous. I'd rather take the 3.7 to 1 odds for all my money than let this BS stand.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      The rule is predominately there so that Full Tilt/PokerStrategy can reclaim their money if a player plays for like a day and then gives up and becomes inactive.

It's a necessary evil really.

Like I mentioned, it's actually pretty difficult to not reach the target on time with Full Tilt. No need at all to go beyond BRM.

Best regards,

Bart
    • zebadie
      zebadie
      Bronze
      Anybody tell me what happens if you already have a small br from freerolls? I have a br of about $30 on ftp, this is purely from freerolls and i have just this minute recieved my starting $50, i now have about $80, do all the points count towards clearing the $50, say, if i use $10, will this be used from my money or the free $50? TY n GL at the tables!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi zebadie,

Yes, all points earnt after registering with our PokerStrategy marketing code should count towards your 1,000 target. These include those earnt with your own funds or gained from freerolls etc.

Again, only the $50 starting capital would be affected if you failed to reach the target in time and not any you gained from freerolls/own funds etc.

Best regards,

Bart
    • joshosun
      joshosun
      Bronze
      clearing the 50$. because u should start playing in the micro stakes/ and in order to clear the starting capital on microstakes u should play many hours per day every day... i think it is smarter to focus on making profit so when they take the money u still have the profit to continue building your bankroll
    • XZaar
      XZaar
      Bronze
      You can make the 1000 ftp really easy unless you don't play poker for a long time so don't worry about it.
    • joshosun
      joshosun
      Bronze
      on this tables everybody tight (like they playing milions $...) average pot .1 - .3 and meny times the pot contain only the blinds (0.03). on ftp rake is .01 on .15 in the pot. so on every 90-100 hands u get 1 ftp... and u need 1000!
      it will take meny meny days to clear... much more than 120.
      maybe in bigger stakes it is faster but in bss u can move up only when have 25 full buyin ...
      so i should play every day several hours to clear.... i would love it but my wife will divorce me and my kidds wont reconize me....
    • rogurrrr
      rogurrrr
      Bronze
      Yes, dylboi011 is correct.

Actually just replied in the "how to clear" thread, but didn't realise you posted again.

Hi rogurrrr,

Yes that is correct. If you don't achieve the 1,000 standard ftp points within the time period, your starting capital or whats left of it can get removed.

In my own personal opinion however, this is one of the easiest targets to reach and you should have no problem at all as long as you play a little poker regularly.

Any profits you have made and any of your own funds deposited are not touched by the way, it's just the starting capital that is affected.

Best regards,

Bart
      Best regards,

Bart
      Ah okay, thanks. I've played a few hours, and yeah, it does seem like a pretty achievable target to reach.

I have one concern though, FT displays how much FTPs I've accrued, but it also includes Happy Hour points which I know do not count towards my bonus target. Is there anyway that I can check how much normal, non-happy hour FTP I've collected so that I can check my progress with regards to clearing the bonus within 120 days?

Thanks.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi rogurrrr,

Yes, from the Cashier>My promotions>IronMan

This tracks all your standard ftp points on a daily basis. There is also a link to Happy Hours but only shows the last couple of weeks. Keeping track of Ironman points will give you the figure you need.

Best regards,

Bart