[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR TT pfr overpair postflop lowboard vs c/r F, bet T, push R:D

• Gabinr1
      $0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with T, T.
      Hero raises to $2.00, 6 folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.5) 2, 2, 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.00, SB raises to $7.75, Hero calls $4.75.

Turn: ($20) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $15.00, Hero calls $15.00.

River: ($50) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $39.25(All-In), Hero calls $39.25.

Final Pot: $128.5.

How would you play postflop? Why?
  • 3 replies
    • alecsCQ
      fold river nu ai de ce sa platesti asa un pariu acolo, doar daca e maniac
    • Gabinr1
      In retrospect, I think Fold Turn is the best option here.

Villain is unknown so there's no need to risk more money. Let's analyze a bit:

- he cold calls a utg raise, probably a pp or broadway
      - check raises F, I don't think a full house would c/r here so we can exclude 55 from his hand range. He either has 44, 66,77,88,99,JJ or a bluff (or random, we don't know this guy)
      - then bets big on the 8 of hearts on the turn, either he has hit the 8, or he has a 2.

- JJ and <99 would not cbet Turn, because I open raised from UTG so there is a big chance I have a bigger pair.

So there it is, villain most of the times is betting Turn with a better hand. And because he is unknown it's no use taking this hand further.

Evaluated By

PS: It's so easy to see an good fold when not on tilt :f_p:
    • Kaitz20
      against unknown I´d call him down
      Just he won´t really c/r flop with JJ+ and then go crazy postflop even if he should happen to have there JJ. I´d expect most of the player to 3-bet with QQ+
      Since flushdraw missed I think I would shove turn. Calldown is reasonable, but if he has there flushdraw, like smt like Axss that you want him to fold or if he calls it is also fine. Anyway there can be overcard on the river that would improve his hand
      Another point, he likely doesn´t have there 2x, 55 and88 are also not likely, so i think you´re mostly ahead on the turn and should shove for value