How can you play SSS in FTP ?

• Heartworm
      Heartworm
      Bronze
      Because the minimum buyins surpass 20 BB (usually being 35 BB)? Does this mean I chose the wrong room to get my bonus in or are they all like that. Is there any way you can still play SSS with 35 BBs ?

Thanks
  • 8 replies
    • punkd99
      punkd99
      Bronze
      There are some shallow stack tables, but instead of changing room, change your stragey. BSS FTW.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Just switch to SNGs if you want to push/fold.

Side note: LOL at PokerStrategy for letting people pass the SSS quiz and then giving them the bonus money on sites that have removed it.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hey Heartworm,

Ofcourse you can still play SSS but you have to play on the shallow tables because of Buyin restrictions. I strongly recommend you read Warmedia's Blog here as he is shortstacking his way to supernova as the title shows. Although he plays on Stars, they have shallow tables too so it is possible except most of your opponents will be shortstacked. Some partner rooms such as iPoker still have open BI requirements so maybe you want to check them out too.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      Some partner rooms such as iPoker still have open BI requirements so maybe you want to check them out too.
      iPoker is 30bb minimum on all tables.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      Hey Heartworm,

Ofcourse you can still play SSS but you have to play on the shallow tables because of Buyin restrictions. I strongly recommend you read Warmedia's Blog here as he is shortstacking his way to supernova as the title shows. Although he plays on Stars, they have shallow tables too so it is possible except most of your opponents will be shortstacked. Some partner rooms such as iPoker still have open BI requirements so maybe you want to check them out too.
      Just a heads up, Warmedia's blog is mainly chinesse SSS, not the SSS recomended and taught here... for a new player to SSS, i strongly recomend reading his blog for inspiration, but then read the PS.com articles, watch some video's, make sweet sweet love to gerv during a coaching, then pwn some n00bs ;)
    • ljovej
      ljovej
      Bronze
      what is wrong with 35bb
      You'll push all in(AA,KK) with 100bb
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Some partner rooms such as iPoker still have open BI requirements so maybe you want to check them out too.
      iPoker is 30bb minimum on all tables.
      Wasnt aware of the change thanks for pointing this out.
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ljovej
      what is wrong with 35bb
      You'll push all in(AA,KK) with 100bb
      :f_confused: