[NL2-NL10] TT nl10 3betpot

• Rekin109
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Graj rękę

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, T.
      MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.45, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.30, BB folds, MP2 calls $1.20, CO calls $0.85.

Flop: ($4) A, Q, 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP2 folds, CO raises to $7.83, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.5.

utg fish
      Co 25/19/2.6/4.5 3bet/4,1 4bet 230hand
      Folds 3bets 22%

What best play this flop???

check/fold ????

and what put his shove range??? (draws, maybe KQ and i and maybe strong hands becouse my range is strong and if he has AA, 66, AQ and put me AK, AJ he play fast.

my plan was c.bet flop and c.bets safe turn, and force him to fold JJ, QJ maybe KQ.
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      Well.. the guy is folding only 22% to 3b so i don't like 3betting here. We have a hand that is very hard to be played postflop OOP. Plus he is too often isolating the fish with hands that you defo beat there like 67s, 89s that are not calling the 3b.

I don't like betting on that board - against two guys one of which is a completely fish and could easily call you down with A2 or Qx its better to just c/f.
    • johnbeattie85
      ^^The fact that he calls so much is a reason to 3bet weaker stuff like TT.

Arguments for 3bet: Value. He calls too much.
      Arguments against: Sample size is small, playability issues, you potentially force the fish to fold.

I'm probably leaning towards calling in this situation. Postflop would check, I think board hits ranges and you get shoved on too much.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I wouldn't give that guy an isolation range that includes stuff like 76s unless I've seen him isolate a lot. That said he can probably show up with a ton of broadway cards, which means he'll be able to rep 4 overcards to our TT on the flop when we're out of position, which is a pain in the ass unless you think the fish in the pot will make him c-bet less often. By default I'd just go ahead and 3-bet anyway for value against both players, only problem being you'll get a lot of flops where you'll basically be bluffing with your TT.

On that flop it depends on how lose the fish is, if he's calling preflop with all sorts of broadway cards he's very rarely folding on that board so coupled with the chance that CO has something too you might not want to get involved further. If the fish is calling wider than that and considering CO didn't 4-bet preflop, CO probably can only show up with 66/AQ sometimes AA as opposed to a lot of whiffed pocket pairs / speculative stuff he talked himself into overcalling with because of the fish and him having position.

In that scenario we often have the best hand even on that board but we can't really check/call with it. So I'd say either you know the fish well enough to put him on a hand based on whether he bets when checked to or not, in which case you can check to him planning to continue only if his range looks weak with the added benefit of getting to see CO act against both of you as well. Or you have no idea what the fish will do when checked to and in that case I'd rather you just stab at the pot to try and collect it rather than starting a 3-way out of position guessing game.

Hope it helps.